Clemson Postgame

Milwaukee

Banned
- very surprised at how bad our O looked, I've never seen us completely owned like that
- the season is not lost, we can still wiggle our way to the ACCCG
- defense has a little more talent than I thought; coaching (scheme) on that side of the ball is a lot worse than I thought, even though they played well
- offense has very little talent, there's no way to put that nicely

Get ready for Richt and MIA. That is all.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I think the biggest thinga that are hurting our offense are 1) the lack of a deep threat at WR. No one can take the top off. Our best teams 2008, 2009, 2014 had WR or (2014 WR's) that could score on a bomb or jump ball. Stewart and Jeune are both solid possession guys but can't create separation. 2) OL sucks. No one can blow the guy in front of them up to give the BB any room. We need someone to man the **** up, get low, and blow the guy off the ball.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
I think this is either a 6-6 team or possibly a 7-5 team if we can beat Pitt.
I would expect we will lose to Miami, North Carolina, Virginia Tech and Georgia. Pitt is a toss-up.
We will beat Ga. Southern, Duke, and Virginia.

Enuratique

Jolly Good Fellow
Our OL got completely owned tonight. We started to make adjustments in the 4th quarter, but by then it was too late. Give Clemson's DL credit. There entire line looked like a foot taller and 50 pounds heavier than our OL, so it's no wonder we got completely dominated.

So many weird things happened tonight, I knew it was not going to be our night. Which was a shame too, since Dabo & Co burned all three timeouts with like a quarter left to play. Plenty of opportunity to Clemson if we could have clawed back in there. If Jeune catches that ball, maybe we have a shot. Our DL was starting to at least slow them down in the 4th.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I would expect we will lose to Miami, North Carolina, Virginia Tech and Georgia. Pitt is a toss-up.
not one of those teams even come close to being as good as Clemson and in the second half we played just as good as Clemson did.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
There is a reason Clemson nearly beat Bama for the national title 9 months ago. They are at an elite level of talent on the DL now, and Venables is a great DC.

Our second half run game gave some signs of 2014 on the unbalanced power runs. Wish we could take back the BB pass, but sometimes you gotta roll the dice on one.

In perspective, it doesn't end our hope of a good season. But it sucks nonetheless, and it will result in several more weeks of being justifiably written off as a top 25 team.

I'm probably gonna stay off the board for a few days. We've had a recent influx of newbies that have serious troll potential. I hope GTSwarm weathers the storm and comes out as quality as I've enjoyed for the past couple years!

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
There is a reason Clemson nearly beat Bama for the national title 9 months ago. They are at an elite level of talent on the DL now, and Venables is a great DC.

Our second half run game gave some signs of 2014 on the unbalanced power runs. Wish we could take back the BB pass, but sometimes you gotta roll the dice on one.

In perspective, it doesn't end our hope of a good season. But it sucks nonetheless, and it will result in several more weeks of being justifiably written off as a top 25 team.

I'm probably gonna stay off the board for a few days. We've had a recent influx of newbies that have serious troll potential. I hope GTSwarm weathers the storm and comes out as quality as I've enjoyed for the past couple years!
I hope Venables gets a head coaching job somewhere else, and a team we never have to play lol.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think we will be fine. Clemson is just that good.

I think that begs the question...what exactly IS "fine"? we didn't just lose a ballgame...we didn't even appear to be in the same league with them. IMO, that resembled a beatdown even though the score may not have reflected that.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I am trying not to post anything to reflect my mood right now so let say this. The one thing above all else that flew all over me was the absolute lack of passion about the game demonstrated for most of the game. I saw ZERO fire, ZERO emotion and the flatest team I seen in a long, long while. How do you come into this game and not be mentally and physically ready to play? For the first time in over 50 years as a Tech fan I left a game early, so disgusted with what I saw on the filed tonight.

Squints

Helluva Engineer

That's about where I had them pre-season and nothing's changed after tonight.

Flush it and on to Miami.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I think that begs the question...what exactly IS "fine"? we didn't just lose a ballgame...we didn't even appear to be in the same league with them. IMO, that resembled a beatdown even though the score may not have reflected that.
We actually played decent in the second half, it was the first quarter that hurt us, after that we went stride for stride with them imo. I mean honestly what did they do to out play us in the second half? We moved the ball on them, but was so far behind we had to pass more and come out of our comfort zone. Take the first quarter away and it would have been a close game. If anything I think the score reflects a game that was closer than what it was. I'm not saying we played well because we didn't on offense but I didn't think Clemson looked that good but on their D line, and that one LB.