Clemson Post-game Thread

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Sadly, a distinct possibility OR they may just decide to quit fooling around and start playing ball. It is up to them to show what kind of heart and character they have.
I Don't think/I hope they don't quit. And these things happen. I remember West virginia scoring 70-something on Clemson in the orange bowl. It's not the end of the world, but this certainly does not help things, recruiting especially.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I Don't think/I hope they don't quit. And these things happen. I remember West virginia scoring 70-something on Clemson in the orange bowl. It's not the end of the world, but this certainly does not help things, recruiting especially.

We just got a Top transfer recruit after the Syracuse lost. This doesn’t affect recruiting, but i agree with everything else

Jolly Good Fellow
I put the over/under on de-commits next week at two.....so hope I'm wrong...but all of Geoff's 2021 recruits are gonna get torched by their HS teammates.....phones are ringing all over, too, as other schools will be "just checking in...Oh BTW, did you watch the Tech game?"...which is what we would do to try and flip somebody

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I didn't see a Clemson postgame thread yet, so a comment and question here:

Obviously, Clemson had no issue covering the 27 pts. :)

If we are making progress and improving, even slightly, why would we be less of an opponent in year 2 for Clemson than we were in year 1? I'm sure there are some great answers.

Jolly Good Fellow
It is inexcusable to get beat like this on national television, at home, and all but we have been beaten pretty bad before and always managed to right the ship. In 1968, we got absolutely killed by UGA in Athens 47-8 and beat them the very next year 6-0. In 1977, we got stomped in the infamous "Rudy Game" 69-14. In 1993, FSU was #1 and beat us 51-0. Chan's first year we lost to UGA 51-7. It happens but this is pretty embarrassing for a power 5 team to look so poorly prepared.
HG
Rudy game was 1975...final 24-3... I was "there"...LOL

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I said it last year and got blasted, but Geoff Collins is in over his head. He shouldn’t have been hired at Tech.

I will choose to comment instead of "like". Because, I don't like your statement, but I also share your concerned opinion. I do believe he is a good guy, a positive guy, a heck of a marketeer, and probably an awesome guy to have on staff, but I will be more than surprised if he turns out to be a top HC. To give him some leeway though, this job is a very, very tough job. It takes a no nonsense SOB, in my opinion, more like O'Leary was.

I do appreciate the strong optimistic delusions I see at times. I actually hope against hope they become a reality, but my logical, fact-based mind, says they will not.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I put the over/under on de-commits next week at two.....so hope I'm wrong...but all of Geoff's 2021 recruits are gonna get torched by their HS teammates.....phones are ringing all over, too, as other schools will be "just checking in...Oh BTW, did you watch the Tech game?"...which is what we would do to try and flip somebody
Your so wrong about this

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I’d put the O/U on decommits at 0. The more likely response for those kids will be “Yeah I saw the Tech game. I can go there and make a difference right away.”

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
I will say this for the D, they got two stops back to back to start the 3rd and we lost it on downs then fumbled inside our own 10.
I am disappointed that they seemed to hang their head in the 4th, which allowed their backups to outscore us in the second half too.
I hope we can shake this off against mere mortal teams.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Hard to even say anything after that complete embarrassment of a game. subconscious Guttural WOWs keep popping out of my mouth.
We need
- Better coaching
- A better offensive plan
- A better defensive plan
- More recruiting

being just OK 1 out of the 4 is not going to cut it.