Clemson on upset alert vs GT

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
I hope to see replays of the midline play where the Climpsun DT celebrates his "tackle" at the goal line while we score. Also hope AJ studies film like Jamal.

I remember the play you are talking about. My impression was that he was throwing up his hands in frustration because that night no matter who he tackled they didn't have the ball.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
To me, the Clemson hype this year kind of reminds me of our hype last year. Talented Jr QB to go along with very good but inexperienced talent. They return a lot like we did but lost a some talented players on the defensive side as well. Last year for us was a combination of no breaks, injuries, close losses and young players letting the hype get to there head. Let's hope we are to Clemson this year that ND was to us last year.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
What I like is the special banner they put up over Gate 4 for the game. It's the usual banner with the GT helmet and the national championships listed. And over the top of the helmet it says, "WELCOME BACK TO ATLANTA". Watching the Tigger fans faces as they go to their seats after seeing that is a great experience.

I think we win this year.

Milwaukee

Banned
To me, the Clemson hype this year kind of reminds me of our hype last year. Talented Jr QB to go along with very good but inexperienced talent. They return a lot like we did but lost a some talented players on the defensive side as well. Last year for us was a combination of no breaks, injuries, close losses and young players letting the hype get to there head. Let's hope we are to Clemson this year that ND was to us last year.

They haven't lost a beat where as we lost our 3 best players offensively (Shaq, Synjyn, and DeAndre). Boulware and McKenzie, along with the DE's, are already replaced with better players; and they have literally everyone back on offense, plus Williams (1st team All ACC WR who sat last yr w injury).

But I still like our chances at home on a Thursday.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Hopefully Bobby Dodd is rockin with our fans on a thursday night vs their fans since unlike Clemson Grads, GT grads have jobs to go to on Fridays.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
AE 87 Benchmarks for CU game:
1) Beat BC > 2.4 to 1.8 ppd, say 27 to 20
2) Beat Mercer like drum, with depth playing most of 2nd half, 66-7
3) Beat Vandy handily, >3.4 to 1.7 ppd, say 39 to 18