Clemson on upset alert vs GT

Cam

Helluva Engineer
No mention of our record for white out games or the fact that Clemson hasn't won in Atlanta in like a decade. I know it's Bleacher Report, but they could have done at least a little bit better job in building up the upset.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
No matter what happens just remember. A 2-loss Georgia Tech team with a loss to an undefeated Clemson looks better to the NCAA committee than a 1-loss Georgia Tech team with a win against a 1-loss Clemson.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
We quite often give Top 10 teams hell in BDS. We usually give Clemson hell in BDS. Would that equate to 2X or X^^2 chances that we take down a #1 ranked Tiger team on a Thursday night to tell college football that '15 was the fluke and not '14? I would not want to be a Clemson fan if we are still within 7 points of them in the 4th qtr.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I wish our record against UGAg in BDS was like it is against the tiggers. Chaps my behind. Have the humpers really been that much better than Climpsum in the last decade? Sorry just musing.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Nope...no buts...its bleacher report so.....
Dunno why they call it "Reports" as here is none of that. Just kind of internet blogger spouting off. Regardless, be assured that Clemson is very much on upset alert against GT, and has devoted defensive practice time to the game. I suspect that one reason Swinney and Johnson get on so well, reportedly, is that they share that competitor gene. Dabo didn't forget 2014; Johnson has not forgotten 2015, when GT did not seem to be competing at all at times.

Milwaukee

Banned
I wish our record against UGAg in BDS was like it is against the tiggers. Chaps my behind. Have the humpers really been that much better than Climpsum in the last decade? Sorry just musing.

Yea I think they probably have, Boomer. UGA was loaded AND had coaching for the past decade where as Clemson was loaded but was led by Tommy Bowden. The tide has turned as of late that's for sure.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunately I think that record comes to an end. I'm looking at Clemson's DLine and frankly they on another level.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Really just depends. We got embarrassed up there last year, so I expect they'll get our best this year. BDS is crazy on Thursday nights, and if they come in here ranked #1 that game will be one of the most hyped games in a long time...probably most hyped since the 2006 ND game. I'd love to see it

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Doubt our O will be able to march easily. Always seems to be about finding big plays offensively, creating turnovers, and keeping them from scoring in the RZ.

King2b

Jolly Good Fellow
I hope to see replays of the midline play where the Climpsun DT celebrates his "tackle" at the goal line while we score. Also hope AJ studies film like Jamal.