Clemson not only wins, they whine

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
https://www.tigernet.com/story/foot...a-Tech-gets-dirty-on-Lawrence-16345?ref=email
Tiger Net post this morning about our O line playing dirty early in the game. It appears to be two chop blocks against Dexter Lawrence. Basically accusing our O line of trying to deliberately injure him. Two videos as evidence.
What say you?
The first one could have been called but I highly doubt it was intentional. Looks like the RG was engaged with another player and when the pile got pushed into him he blocked Lawrence, but it was still a high low block. The second one imo wasn't a high low, cooper tried to cut him but lawerence did a good job of not letting him. Cooper and him were both low but engaged high.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
My only complaint is that they did not have more to whine about. Clemson is like any other other factory school. Throw enough money at it, have fake majors and you can win. That is what " college football" has become. Eventually we just need to call it what it is at these types of schools. NFL JR League...
AMEN TO THAT!!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
My only complaint is that they did not have more to whine about. Clemson is like any other other factory school. Throw enough money at it, have fake majors and you can win. That is what " college football" has become. Eventually we just need to call it what it is at these types of schools. NFL JR League...

Was debating a friend the other day about paying players a salary. I'm opposed but he used the "cheating / fake classes / fake degree" argument as reason to turn college sports into official pro events.

His arguments were...scattered and off base but I get the frustration and cynicism. I just think a real governing agency to combat cheating and foster education for scholar athletes is a better solution. Kind of what the NCAA is "supposed" to do but fails miserably at.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
What's up with that wiffle ball field and putt putt course they showed during the broadcast? Do their players really sleep in those orange and purple bunk beds all year? It looked like a summer camp for little kids. I don't think our guys have time for wiffle ball and putt putt.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
They always hesitate before remembering the N at the end...
Just thinking about this it worked with a uga fan a couple of years ago . It would work for a Clemson fan.
Ask him this question and it will take him awhile to think of the answer but he won't get it .

John has 4 apples and gives one away. Calculate the mass of the sun.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Those dudes sign a deal with the devil. If they get hurt and ruin their pro prospects, they're screwed with no real education/training to fall back on.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Those dudes sign a deal with the devil. If they get hurt and ruin their pro prospects, they're screwed with no real education/training to fall back on.

True. And Clemson will give them their sheepskin...and screw over their future employers also.

Imo there are a lot of dudes in the NFL that couldn't succeed outside of football and probably lose most of their money once they are done. Can happen to our guys too but typically only when they don't get that degree. They earn a Tech degree the world knows it is legit.

Deleted member 2897

What's up with that wiffle ball field and putt putt course they showed during the broadcast? Do their players really sleep in those orange and purple bunk beds all year? It looked like a summer camp for little kids. I don't think our guys have time for wiffle ball and putt putt.

It really is an adult daycare center. It is not a serious educational institution for that section of the population

Deleted member 2897

I just rewatched the videos and would like to slightly adjust my original comments. In both cases, after watching the videos several times over and over, it looks to me like Lawrence #90 is holding Kenny Cooper both times. Cooper is trying to get the second level, and gets stuck as he's trying to get by. Then another guy comes to block Lawrence. In the second video in particular, if you pay close attention, you'll literally see him with a fist full of the front of Kenny Cooper's jersey.

Its extremely dangerous to hold an offensive lineman as they are running by you against a team that throws a lot of cut blocks.