Clemson not only wins, they whine

WrongShadeOfGold

Jolly Good Fellow
Those both look like illegal chop blocks to me but it's ridiculous to think they were "out to injure him" or "playing dirty". Every team has some of these every single game. Sometimes the timing of the legal cut block gets disrupted causing it to occur when a player is already engaged.

https://www.tigernet.com/story/foot...a-Tech-gets-dirty-on-Lawrence-16345?ref=email
Tiger Net post this morning about our O line playing dirty early in the game. It appears to be two chop blocks against Dexter Lawrence. Basically accusing our O line of trying to deliberately injure him. Two videos as evidence.
What say you?
I couldn't see much of anything in either of those videos. But in the first one, they claimed Lawrence was hit low and then another lineman fell on his legs. How is that a chop block? I thought a chop block was hitting high and low at the same time.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
https://www.tigernet.com/story/foot...a-Tech-gets-dirty-on-Lawrence-16345?ref=email
Tiger Net post this morning about our O line playing dirty early in the game. It appears to be two chop blocks against Dexter Lawrence. Basically accusing our O line of trying to deliberately injure him. Two videos as evidence.
What say you?

Well their defense tried to hurt our offense by not letting our OL block them, prevented our RBs and QBs from making any plays, covered our WRs all game so they couldn't make any catches, and on top of all that, they made our punter have to punt all game.

Whine about that!

plangineer

Jolly Good Fellow
A Clemson fan sitting close to us at last year's game threw the biggest hissy fit because their team didn't go for it on 4th and 3...while they were ahead 23-0....on their own 42 yard line. So I'm not that surprised

A Clemson fan sitting close to us at last year's game threw the biggest hissy fit because their team didn't go for it on 4th and 3...while they were ahead 23-0....on their own 42 yard line. So I'm not that surprised
I had one of those sitting near me too. To his credit, he said they had lost enough heart-breakers to the Jackets, that he never felt secure. LOL

The Rev.

Georgia Tech Fan
Let's see... Taquon got hurt - but at least came back. Matthew Jordan got hurt - and I hope he's OK.
And Clemson is complaining? (Who do they think they are? Florida State?)

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Jeez already.

With Sewak's emasculating style of technique we are going to have to live with this.

A whole lot of teams say this about us, and going on for 10 years.

Are we not accustomed to it yet?

Curious - do AFA, Army, Navy , old GSU opponents say this as well?

Deleted member 2897

In the first video, I can't even tell what they are talking about. Someone fell on Lawrence? I don't see any suspicious block.

On the second one, its completely legal. They have no clue what a chop block is. A chop block is when you block someone low while they are engaged high. That is not what is in that video. In that video, our OL across from Lawrence dives to cut block him. Why it looks bad is because he turns sideways for some reason. If you are cut blocking in that direction at a player and they choose to not pay attention, that's not our fault. If a guy across the line from me dives low at me at the hike of the ball and I twist around the other direction, that's my fault. Running away or turning away from the surge of the line is always dangerous and that's not our fault.

And again, neither video have anything to do with a chop block. I honestly think people don't have any ideas what the rules are and what a chop block even means.

Deleted member 2897

Actually, after further review, I'd like to complain about an illegal block below the waist against Jahaziel Lee in that first video. They are obviously trying to injure Lee with behavior that's almost criminal (to use their hilariously pathetic words).

Deleted member 2897

Hard to see from the video but if a GT OL is trying to get to a LB to block him and a DL engages him to keep him off the LB and then the DL gets blocked, that is not a chop.

Correct. That is the DL getting themselves hurt. I can't see that in the video, but I can see enough to tell that we aren't engaging with anybody high and then having someone come in low to cut block.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
My only complaint is that they did not have more to whine about. Clemson is like any other other factory school. Throw enough money at it, have fake majors and you can win. That is what " college football" has become. Eventually we just need to call it what it is at these types of schools. NFL JR League...