Clemson @ GT

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Listening to WREK - good compilation of yesterday's game calls.

AJ catching, Kel not playing. Hope we get them back soon!!!! Pitts pitching - mehhhh - 5.87 ERA for the year and 7.2 ERA (4 runs in 5.0 innings) last week. Maybe today is the day he gets his control back in a game.

Update: AJ strikes again - passed ball on a strike out that allowed the runner to advance to first. God do we need Pabst back. Converted a SO to a runner. Sh!t. We are just playing bad baseball lately.

Update: AJ throws out his passed ball runner. All is good in Mulberry again. FO and the tiggers are done.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Listening to WREK - good compilation of yesterday's game calls.

AJ catching, Kel not playing. Hope we get them back soon!!!! Pitts pitching - mehhhh - 5.87 ERA for the year and 7.2 ERA (4 runs in 5.0 innings) last week. Maybe today is the day he gets his control back in a game.

Update: AJ strikes again - passed ball on a strike out that allowed the runner to advance to first. God do we need Pabst back. Converted a SO to a runner. Sh!t. We are just playing bad baseball lately.

Update: AJ throws out his passed ball runner. All is good in Mulberry again. FO and the tiggers are done.

Update 2: runner thrown-out trying to steal 2nd (AJ strikes again?)

thocut

Jolly Good Fellow
Made it out to the game last night between studying for finals. Was excited that our famous afro'd heckler made it out. Haven't seen him in a while and games are always better with him in the stands.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Made it out to the game last night between studying for finals. Was excited that our famous afro'd heckler made it out. Haven't seen him in a while and games are always better with him in the stands.

Yellow afro?

Good luck on finals.

GT still 1-0 - in second inning got two on after two outs. But then FO. But working the stud tigger pitcher well - he has 38 pitches after two. We get him out of the game and advantage goes to us.

I shouldn't comment on Pitts since he is doing so well. Maybe he has found the control. 33-23 (70%) which is much better.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
F me. Pitts gives up 2 HRs in the third. GT down 1-3 to bottom of third.

Announcers are saying it's the wind helping .... if that's so we should get a few chances too.

thocut

Jolly Good Fellow
Yellow afro?

Good luck on finals.

GT still 1-0 - in second inning got two on after two outs. But then FO. But working the stud tigger pitcher well - he has 38 pitches after two. We get him out of the game and advantage goes to us.

I shouldn't comment on Pitts since he is doing so well. Maybe he has found the control. 33-23 (70%) which is much better.

Nah,a real afro. I remember him being at games when I was just a little kid, but he hasn't made it to as many lately.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Spingola is out of the game with a bad left ankle. Pabst and Spingola and Kel (to some extent).

Pitts just gave up another HR. I guess it's good he is throwing strikes. GT down 1-4.

Pitts gone. 79-43 (55%) so his control really dropped off after the second. Good news is that Parr is coming in which may mean that we could switch Parr for Pitts in the Saturday spot.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
GT 2-4 after 6 with AJ hitting another HR. I'd still like Pabst back, but people in hell want ice water. AJ can play a lot of positions, we are lucky to have a serviceable backup catcher......... Pabst is just really good.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Parr blows his audition. We still have only two starters (King, Gold). Parr threw 39-19 (50%). Gave up a run, 2 walks and no SOs. GT down 2-5

Next year will be better.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Peurifoy and AJ make a great play to cut down a tigger at the plate. But Gorst leaves with the bases loaded and two outs in T8. Shelton in.

Have we talked about pitching control this year?

GT 3-5 after a 7th run. We hold them here and who knows.

Edit: Game over. A two run single. 3-7. The 8 walks we gave up today finally caught up with us. Time for a movie - watched a really good one last night.

Update: Wild pitch, 3-8. The wheels are still off the car. We aren't playing good baseball and are paying the price. But next year will be better.