Clemson going forward

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
You are correct, but I think you are missing the bigger point he was trying to make. Boyd played under Morris, who was a master OC. Watson started under morris, but Morris has still left. We will see when Watson, who is a generational player, leaves how effective the new OCs really are.

I am not so much impressed with where Clemson has gotten to on offense as on defense. That's one of the most talented Ds I've seen in a while.
It will be interesting. You can already see what’s happening in Oregon. You couldn’t really tell Chip Kelly was gone while Mariotta was there but these past 2 years aren’t looking great for them.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Two (2) years ago we beat them and pretty convincingly too. I don't see the vast differences in athletic level others above do. Their DL is very good and the rest of their D is capable of backing them up. Their O will be good as long as Watson is back there, but it isn't a world beater. I do think that they will always be a hard out, but not an impossible one. This is a pretty young Tech team overall, at least on O, and is still finding its legs.

This is where the vast number of injuries last year made a difference. Not only did we have a lot of people hurt, but they tended to be the starters, especially at skill positions. I was pencilling us in for a 7 - 8 win year last year then roaring back with a possible championship run (ACC) in JT's senior year. Instead, we went back to square one and now we're looking at that 7 - 8 win year this year. Well, that's football for you, but it is too bad.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Gallman is a good back but not elite from what I've seen. So they have room to improve on that side. Those WRs though? Good grief.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
The QB Watson beat out at Clemson is now the best QB in the SEC and just obliterated UGA. Although after Watson I don't know if they have another QB phenom. They probably have a good QB lined up but none of the rave reviews that he got obviously.

One point here...Chad Kelly is a grade A douchebag and got himself kicked out of Clemson. He's right where he belongs in the SEC.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I don't agree man... They were prolific under Boyd too. They may not be top 4 without watson, but they will have a ton of talent and still be top 15 quality for sure; top 10 as well. They are reloading every year on D and O. They are just going to reload like UGA does...or like Bama does maybe not to that full level...or fsu.

IMO we are in a real hard spot at GT now.

Clemson is a force something like 5straight years of 10 or 11 wins.
UGA is what it is and dominates us
Miami may turn that same corner in the next 2 years...
VT is a sleeping giant

Things go in waves. We had a wave where VT was down, Miami was down, Clemson was just ok; before that wave FSU was down if you recall for a while. We had our chance to capitalize...and we kinda did and kinda didn't.

But now that new wave is coming and we may get wiped a bit...we will see. But this program has to adapt a bit...things change...if you don't you become irrelevant.

Clemson is looking really strong as a program, but I'm not too afraid of UGA right now. While they've beaten us recently, the games were always close and I definitely see them backsliding under Kirby Dumbass.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Clemson
The more risky over the middle route was not needed.

Success running the dive late in game when way behind is part of their plan as well. It is not necessarily an indicator of our success.

We did hit some quick hitters with different blocking that give hope.

Had hoped we would be more "creative" in first half. Maybe this eeek.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
One point here...Chad Kelly is a grade A douchebag and got himself kicked out of Clemson. He's right where he belongs in the SEC.

I don't disagree with that at all. Plenty of *******s and scumbags who are good at what they do though (Case in point: Petrino).

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
It makes me absolutely sick to read the article posted in the ajc where a Clemson player said they knew it would be an easy game since we couldn't even block their dline.... I really hope this isn't going to become the new trend.