Clemson going forward

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't know what was more depressing, last night's game or the realization that I have no idea how we will ever beat Clemson any time soon. It has been years since I saw a team on our schedule which I automatically wrote in an L, but that will be the case now. They send umpteen players to the pros, and the next year they have carbon copies of them lined up.

Clemson was so good on both sides of the ball that in the midst of the beatdown I couldn't be mad at anybody, but had to just look on in wonder at what a complete, weakness free team they have.

I trust Watson will go pro at the end of the year? Is there at least hope that we won't see him again?

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
I mean like 99% of players he says he's going to said he's going to stay all 4 years but everyone has him projected top 2 if not #1 overall in the draft with Kaaya so it would be hard for him to pass it up imo

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Like other’s have said their offense is very vanilla. I haven’t been very impressed by Watson this year but you put a bad QB back there and they’ll struggle a little. Even worse would be a gunslinger who throws interceptions and there’s a lot of QB’s out there just like that. Watson is actually extremely good at playing within the offense however vanilla it is and not doing too much.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
This too shall pass. I felt the same way about Miami, VT, and FSU at varying points, but college football is a cruel mistress.
We are already seeing the loss of Morris affect their offense, but it's been mitigated by having an all world QB. I wasn't really impressed by their offense other than Williams and Watson.
Their defense will be good as long as they have Venables. Teams like uga get Clemson level players too, and get worked. It's Jimmy's and Joe's to be sure, but there's a reason Clemson's D started getting elite once he took over.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I was at the game and it was just weird. As bad as things were going I kept feeling Tech was still in the game. But every time a game changing play happened that should have been a big positive for Tech it turned into a negative. So I choose to forget about this loss and move on.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I was at the game and it was just weird. As bad as things were going I kept feeling Tech was still in the game. But every time a game changing play happened that should have been a big positive for Tech it turned into a negative. So I choose to forget about this loss and move on.
Maybe you need to hang your flag from the Tech Tower and "claim your territory" for the good guys!!!!!

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Like other’s have said their offense is very vanilla. I haven’t been very impressed by Watson this year but you put a bad QB back there and they’ll struggle a little. Even worse would be a gunslinger who throws interceptions and there’s a lot of QB’s out there just like that. Watson is actually extremely good at playing within the offense however vanilla it is and not doing too much.

I don't agree man... They were prolific under Boyd too. They may not be top 4 without watson, but they will have a ton of talent and still be top 15 quality for sure; top 10 as well. They are reloading every year on D and O. They are just going to reload like UGA does...or like Bama does maybe not to that full level...or fsu.

IMO we are in a real hard spot at GT now.

Clemson is a force something like 5straight years of 10 or 11 wins.
UGA is what it is and dominates us
Miami may turn that same corner in the next 2 years...
VT is a sleeping giant

Things go in waves. We had a wave where VT was down, Miami was down, Clemson was just ok; before that wave FSU was down if you recall for a while. We had our chance to capitalize...and we kinda did and kinda didn't.

But now that new wave is coming and we may get wiped a bit...we will see. But this program has to adapt a bit...things change...if you don't you become irrelevant.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
In the last 4 years, Clemson has recruited 4 four star QBs, and they have a 5 star QB committed to them this year. (BTW, 2 of the 4 star QBs are dual threat guys from GA).

Don't even get me started on their other skill guys and the DL. Clemson is at the re-loading stage. If anyone thinks they'll fall back to the pack, you may not want to hold your breath. The only way I see Clemson coming down is if Nick Saban leaves 'Bama and Dabo heeds the call of his alma mater.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
In the last 4 years, Clemson has recruited 4 four star QBs, and they have a 5 star QB committed to them this year. (BTW, 2 of the 4 star QBs are dual threat guys from GA).

Don't even get me started on their other skill guys and the DL. Clemson is at the re-loading stage. If anyone thinks they'll fall back to the pack, you may not want to hold your breath. The only way I see Clemson coming down is if Nick Saban leaves 'Bama and Dabo heeds the call of his alma mater.

When not if :D FTFY

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

Watched the warm up and the freshman back up qb looks just like Watson.
K state ,where venables stared , has a head coach who is 76. Their recent success is based on attacking defense.
Please go home !

Techfan14

Georgia Tech Fan
Clemson is not the old Clemson! It's true. One loss doesn't define a season. I have been a tech fan since I came out the womb. I will stick by them through it all. Everybody saying Paul needs to go needs to ask yourself this. Would Gailey have done better in a big game?
The answer is no!! I've seen it. Stay loyal everybody. There have been worse losses in the past to bad teams.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I don't agree man... They were prolific under Boyd too. They may not be top 4 without watson, but they will have a ton of talent and still be top 15 quality for sure; top 10 as well. They are reloading every year on D and O. They are just going to reload like UGA does...or like Bama does maybe not to that full level...or fsu.

VT is a sleeping giant

Things go in waves. We had a wave where VT was down, Miami was down, Clemson was just ok; before that wave FSU was down if you recall for a while. We had our chance to capitalize...and we kinda did and kinda didn't.

But now that new wave is coming and we may get wiped a bit...we will see. But this program has to adapt a bit...things change...if you don't you become irrelevant.
Well you can be vanilla and still kick everyone's *** when you're throwing to Deandre Hopkins, Sammy Watkins, and Martavius Bryant.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

VT is a sleeping giant

You are correct, but I think you are missing the bigger point he was trying to make. Boyd played under Morris, who was a master OC. Watson started under morris, but Morris has still left. We will see when Watson, who is a generational player, leaves how effective the new OCs really are.

I am not so much impressed with where Clemson has gotten to on offense as on defense. That's one of the most talented Ds I've seen in a while.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
The QB Watson beat out at Clemson is now the best QB in the SEC and just obliterated UGA. Although after Watson I don't know if they have another QB phenom. They probably have a good QB lined up but none of the rave reviews that he got obviously.