Clemson, Georgia, Alabama Recruiting

charles

Jolly Good Fellow
Guy's It is simple as this and I think that it has been discussed before We just cannot plug in another 4 star 4.4 40 guy whether it is a running back wide receiver or stud linebacker like the Clemson's Georgia and Alabama when 1 or 2 of our guys gone down to injury; They have a clear advantage when this happens with their 4 star backups replacing them when they go down with an injury. It think that we are living this out in real time when a Snoddy, Burton or Joe goes down; But one thing about Cpj's system on offense that is frustrating is the fact that if we did have another 4 star 4.3 40 guy like a Snoddy ready to go in to replace him on a given situation he would be to green and inexperienced to know the sophisticated complexity of the position blocking etc this would clearly take away from his god given skill.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
This same thing gets repeated 50 times a year with the love exception of being last year beginning one week after losing to UNC.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Guy's It is simple as this and I think that it has been discussed before We just cannot plug in another 4 star 4.4 40 guy whether it is a running back wide receiver or stud linebacker like the Clemson's Georgia and Alabama when 1 or 2 of our guys gone down to injury; They have a clear advantage when this happens with their 4 star backups replacing them when they go down with an injury. It think that we are living this out in real time when a Snoddy, Burton or Joe goes down; But one thing about Cpj's system on offense that is frustrating is the fact that if we did have another 4 star 4.3 40 guy like a Snoddy ready to go in to replace him on a given situation he would be to green and inexperienced to know the sophisticated complexity of the position blocking etc this would clearly take away from his god given skill.
I will agree to this extent, the downside of our offensive scheme is that you have to think more than others and, quite often, react quicker mentally, than many others. There are a lot of reads and a lot of quick fluid decisions by all players, not just QBs. We place our OLs in wide splits with a hand on the ground regardless of down and distance, this makes it tougher to make line calls on pass pro, blitzes etc. We ask our skill position blockers to read the defense, pass up certain players, and block the ones further downfield in open spaces. The list goes on and on. The beauty of it is, if we master the mental side, it is really hard to stop, even without physically dominant players.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I will agree to this extent, the downside of our offensive scheme is that you have to think more than others and, quite often, react quicker mentally, than many others. There are a lot of reads and a lot of quick fluid decisions by all players, not just QBs. We place our OLs in wide splits with a hand on the ground regardless of down and distance, this makes it tougher to make line calls on pass pro, blitzes etc. We ask our skill position blockers to read the defense, pass up certain players, and block the ones further downfield in open spaces. The list goes on and on. The beauty of it is, if we master the mental side, it is really hard to stop, even without physically dominant players.
In a nutshell, this is why this offense is perfect for us given the current climate and recruiting restrictions. Emphasis on total team effort, execution, elimination of mental errors will get this team where it wants to go. They just need more experience, practice, and more practice.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Guy's It is simple as this and I think that it has been discussed before We just cannot plug in another 4 star 4.4 40 guy whether it is a running back wide receiver or stud linebacker like the Clemson's Georgia and Alabama when 1 or 2 of our guys gone down to injury;

Ah. And how about when 8 backs go down to injury or leaving the program? And not just any 8 backs either; it's everyone who was in the 2-deep in the fall except JT and Ike Willis. If Searcy, Cotrell, and Benson hadn't gotten hurt, we could have down exactly what you are saying here.

The upshot, I think, is that the recruiting is fine. What hasn't been fine is all that business with the Fates. Those ladies are screwing with us something horrible this year.