Clemson Game

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
As I sit and watch them expose a Notre Dame team that looks nothing like what we played, I wonder how we can stay in this game and for how long.
Sitting at the game today, being up 21 pts, I was thinking (next week will really be a good game with a Win under out belt). Not so fast!!
This Clemson D is electric. I don't see any part so far of their team that is lacking. Our only hope is that CU comes out with their heads up their asses and doesn't show up to play. If we as a fan base are having a hard time to find the answers, how does the team of young men do it?
If CU wins this game, we could possibly playing a top 8 team.
What (if any) are the answers that may help get us through next week? or is next week already written up as a loss?

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
As I sit and watch them expose a Notre Dame team that looks nothing like what we played, I wonder how we can stay in this game and for how long.
Sitting at the game today, being up 21 pts, I was thinking (next week will really be a good game with a Win under out belt). Not so fast!!
This Clemson D is electric. I don't see any part so far of their team that is lacking. Our only hope is that CU comes out with their heads up their asses and doesn't show up to play. If we as a fan base are having a hard time to find the answers, how does the team of young men do it?
If CU wins this game, we could possibly playing a top 8 team.
What (if any) are the answers that may help get us through next week? or is next week already written up as a loss?
Play loose like we have nothing to lose, because we don't. Hopefully catch a few breaks and don't turn the ball over and maybe we'll come out of Death Valley with a Dub and a fresh start to the season.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
It is going to be a tough one for us for sure. Their first string D line is almost as good as last years. There is a lot of drop off after that. We have to win the qar of attrition next week. Make enough plays early to move the chains and wear them down. It is a tall order, but possible.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I know I'm going to get my *** beat for saying this but I just don't see any way we beat them. It kills me to say this but I don't know if this team has it in them to overcome this. Yes we have a lot of young talent at skill positions but I think there youth hurts when it comes to getting over what has happened the last 3 weeks. Right now I'm hoping for 6-6 and a bowl game. I'm just numb thinking about where this team is at now.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
no one will beat your ***. I think we are just irritated at the way the season has panned out thus far.
I will NO LONGER rely on pre season, spring game, or recruiting to determine my opinion on the team. I has turned out to be a pain in my *** for sure.
Speaking of recruiting, I truly hope this season hasn't had as negative affect as I perceive it to have.

Lets just keep clicking on and get focused for what comes next.
Hopefully the ship will be righted by the wknd after Thanksgiving.
That may be a free for all for us.. We may have nothing to live for but state rights.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I agree with your recruiting point. We have a great class that was built off of last seasons buzz but if we tank this year I can see a few jumping ship. Back to Clemson. They're absolutely destroying ND. I just don't see us as being "tough enough" to beat them. Hopefully they come out flat after beating ND.

Josh H

Jolly Good Fellow
Clemson has had a week off to prepare for this game and it looks like they took every advantage of that. Notre Dame has settled down a bit (or the rain has picked up)

Clemson looks to have done what we did not...reload. Four straight ten win seasons. Can we beat them? Maybe. But I think we're at least two touchdown underdogs.

Matt E

GT Athlete
Clemson repeatedly getting pressure with 3 defensive linemen and no blitz. They are much better on D than I thought they would be.

FatPat

Jolly Good Fellow
One of my boys played O-Line for Gardner Webb when they played in the Flats in what 2008, or 07? Anyway, the only thing he will say is "your O-line is soft". My only thought is- I hope they see this and get pissed- Get Pissed at me and think that I am the one across the line at you laughing and kissing your sister!!!!! I am sick and tired of not being able to make one yard!!!! Low man wins guys!!!

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
One of my boys played O-Line for Gardner Webb when they played in the Flats in what 2008, or 07? Anyway, the only thing he will say is "your O-line is soft". My only thought is- I hope they see this and get pissed- Get Pissed at me and think that I am the one across the line at you laughing and kissing your sister!!!!! I am sick and tired of not being able to make one yard!!!! Low man wins guys!!!
We do look "soft". There's no in your face or pissed off demeanor with this team.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
Maybe we will be Clemson's Clemsoning moment....
We have been dominated three games in a row...we will be playing the best team we've played thus far next week...with the injuries and general fragility of the teams mental state I am not sure the team can physically match up to compete next week...even when things go right we have been inept in taking advantage of clear opportunities...very very frustrating to watch...

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
I hope GT has a WTF victory next week. Seriously, Klimpson's offensive playbook fits on an index card. They just count on their talented guys to bust out plays. They jumped on ND early last night and that carried them to the win.

Why isn't this GT team hungry to win? Did we win too much last year? "Oh gee, no thank you, I couldn't possibly fit in another win. I'm full."

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
You guys are all correct. It is IMPOSSIBLE that we come out with a win next weekend. The transitive property is TRUE in football and all teams play the SAME way every week.

Look, we obviously have a big challenge ahead of us this week, but don't even start with that "we can't win" stuff, please. Just humor me. We will certainly not be favored and, by most forecasters, maybe have a 25% chance to get it done. But if I had a .250 batting average and I was stepping in the box against a pretty good pitcher, I would still be confident that I was going to find a way to get the fat part of the bat on the baseball.

Clemson is a good team who also benefitted from ND playing well below their capabilities with a ton of drops and fumbles. When ND finally got their crap together they had Clem's son reeling. Did you guys watch to the end? ND had a 2 point conversion attempt with 7 seconds left in the game to put the thing into OT. If they were lucky enough to have gotten that done, my money was solidly on ND to win in the OT. They had all the momentum and had the tiggers on skates.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
I'm with you @Boomergump. It's time our team has some leaders step up to the front of the line and take the bull by the horns.I know one player who will come out with his hair on fire is Adam Gotsis. He is probably chomping at the bit to take someone's head off (pun intended). We can either walk away from our young, injury depleted team or we can stick with them...I feel a clemsoning moment could happen soon.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
The recipe is fairly simple to beating Clemson. Sustain drives and win the TOP. Their D is good, but not deep. Last night they were totally gassed at the end. We have not been able to sustain drives this year.