GT33

Helluva Engineer
Oregon home game at the Benz.

C0A7B9F7-5F0A-4D65-ADB7-069D021181C1.jpeg

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
From the GT Official site: Home game.

View attachment 12747
I am certainly confused. A word on the athletics website, nor a description as a "home" game doesn't convince me. I haven't seen anything official that describes the Clemson ticket allotment, that says the field will be GT/ACC only, nor that the game announcing, and production will be GT centric only. I myself would not argue that it will be treated as a neutral game, but I also wouldn't argue that it will be treated as a home game. If someone in a position of responsibility in the GTAA said specifically that the tickets are being marketed mainly to GT fans, the field and dressing for the game will be GT only (except for opponent name on scoreboard), and that the announcers will be hyping GT as they do in BDS, then I would actually believe it. To actually believe one way or the other, I need something that cannot be misinterpreted or slightly misrepresented.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Yeah but that was the second game ever played there, right? Didn’t Alabama play FSU the day before?
Now that you mention it...
I notice the announced attendance was higher than the current listed capacity by ~4,000. They must've done some reconfiguring since then.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I am certainly confused. A word on the athletics website, nor a description as a "home" game doesn't convince me. I haven't seen anything official that describes the Clemson ticket allotment, that says the field will be GT/ACC only, nor that the game announcing, and production will be GT centric only. I myself would not argue that it will be treated as a neutral game, but I also wouldn't argue that it will be treated as a home game. If someone in a position of responsibility in the GTAA said specifically that the tickets are being marketed mainly to GT fans, the field and dressing for the game will be GT only (except for opponent name on scoreboard), and that the announcers will be hyping GT as they do in BDS, then I would actually believe it. To actually believe one way or the other, I need something that cannot be misinterpreted or slightly misrepresented.

If you read all 3 links, 2 say all MBS games are home games for us and 1 says all except this year. Included both sides so decide for yourself. If I'm in ATL for GT game, its a home game.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer

If you read all 3 links, 2 say all MBS games are home games for us and 1 says all except this year. Included both sides so decide for yourself. If I'm in ATL for GT game, its a home game.
I will be at the game unless I get hit by a MARTA bus walking in the stadium. (Or some other type of personal tragedy)

I think your post actually makes my point. "Home" game could mean only which side of the field the team is on and who calls the coin toss. "Except this year" could just be a misinterpretation by the author. I saw one report that said this would be a GT home game, but sponsored and run as a Chick-Fil-A kickoff game. None of that gives me any confidence about whether or not it will be run as a GT home game or if everything (field, announcing, video boards, etc) will be neutral.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
This simple paragraph sums up GT and its fans very nicely imo. Communication from the GTAA is so poor Tech fans don't know if its a home game or not. Then Tech fans spend hours debating the topic amongst themselves with neither proponents or opponents of the "it's a home game" side of the argument neither asking for nor giving any quarter in the ensuing debate. ;)

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Clemson received 3400 tickets.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Each ACC team gets 4 home conference games each year. This year Clemson has 4 conference games at Death Valley and Tech has 3 conference games at BDS@HGF and 1 at MBS.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I thought the home team was always listed second (bottom or right) in print and on TV.

Attachments

• 71C69DA9-A5FD-4BFD-863C-12E9FC997150.jpeg
    71C69DA9-A5FD-4BFD-863C-12E9FC997150.jpeg
    43.8 KB · Views: 11
  • A2869F15-2369-433D-B572-1B11AC72CD85.jpeg
    A2869F15-2369-433D-B572-1B11AC72CD85.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 11

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
It's a Chick-fil-A kickoff game. Not a home game. Some of you all trying to look to who is the home team is the silliest thing ever. There's a "home team" in every neutral site game lol.

There's a reason the ticket and parking allocations are different this year. Because.. it's not a home game lol

The day after the game, some of y'all are still going to be stuck in your delusion, or play it off as not a big deal (which is a fair enough opinion that I can respect, but in that case why argue).

GTAA is *intentionally* vague about the details on purpose.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow

Nobody said not to go to the game. It makes a difference because we gave up a home game to play a neutral site game. That's fine if it doesn't make any difference to you, we've all got opinions either way.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
The game isn't sold out btw. CFA and GT have huge blocks of tickets they are holding for various purposes (up to and including artificially limiting supply).

One of the sketchier things is the pricing of "Verified Resale Tickets" on Ticketmaster. I check secondary tickets for United games every week and have never seen anything like this where every x rows you move forward, the price of the "Verified Resale" tickets goes up a standard amount. For Atlanta United games, prices in sections will jump all over just depending on how desperate each individual seller is to get rid of the tickets. I've been looking at these for 2 weeks and you're telling me there's not a single seller trying to undercut that $122 price I've seen every time I look?

Seatgeek also has seats for sale in the 300s which confuses me as well.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
It's a Chick-fil-A kickoff game. Not a home game. Some of you all trying to look to who is the home team is the silliest thing ever. There's a "home team" in every neutral site game lol.

There's a reason the ticket and parking allocations are different this year. Because.. it's not a home game lol

The day after the game, some of y'all are still going to be stuck in your delusion, or play it off as not a big deal (which is a fair enough opinion that I can respect, but in that case why argue).

GTAA is *intentionally* vague about the details on purpose.
It’s a home game for GT, just like against Tennessee in 2017. Not because it’s in Atlanta but because somebody has to be the home team…if for no other reason than the coin toss and getting to choose which end zone to defend.

This is also one of our 4 home games, as others have mentioned.

The UGA/FL is played on a neutral field every year. The home team alternates. The only game difference that I can think of is the coin toss. Regardless, our game against Clemson will not feel like a home game and it doesn’t matter if it’s played at BDS, the Benz, or the moon. They have more engaged fans. End of story.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
It’s a home game for GT, just like against Tennessee in 2017. Not because it’s in Atlanta but because somebody has to be the home team…if for no other reason than the coin toss and getting to choose which end zone to defend.

This is also one of our 4 home games, as others have mentioned.

The UGA/FL is played on a neutral field every year. The home team alternates. The only game difference that I can think of is the coin toss. Regardless, our game against Clemson will not feel like a home game and it doesn’t matter if it’s played at BDS, the Benz, or the moon. They have more engaged fans. End of story.
I suspect we're going to have a huge contingent of "neutral"/UGA fans from the metro area heading to the Benz for their Labor Day evening to pound some beers, watch early season P5 football (especially Clemson), and root against Tech before the work week starts up if ticket prices drop enough, too.