Clemson Game Sold Out

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I suspect we're going to have a huge contingent of "neutral"/UGA fans from the metro area heading to the Benz for their Labor Day evening to pound some beers, watch early season P5 football (especially Clemson), and root against Tech before the work week starts up if ticket prices drop enough, too.
Ugh. You’re probably right. After a 9-4 season in 2016, I feel like we were slightly outnumbered by Tennessee fans in 2017. I expect Clemson fans will outnumber us between 3:2 and 2:1.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
It’s a home game for GT, just like against Tennessee in 2017. Not because it’s in Atlanta but because somebody has to be the home team…if for no other reason than the coin toss and getting to choose which end zone to defend.

This is also one of our 4 home games, as others have mentioned.

The UGA/FL is played on a neutral field every year. The home team alternates. The only game difference that I can think of is the coin toss. Regardless, our game against Clemson will not feel like a home game and it doesn’t matter if it’s played at BDS, the Benz, or the moon. They have more engaged fans. End of story.
This will be settled on Sept. 5th. If Georgia Tech is in both endzones, it's a regular GT home game. If it's Georgia Tech in one and Clemson in the other, then it's a neutral site game that GT is hosting. No need to argue about something that there are mixed messages coming from the involved parties. There's no way to prove this until the game.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
This will be settled on Sept. 5th. If Georgia Tech is in both endzones, it's a regular GT home game. If it's Georgia Tech in one and Clemson in the other, then it's a neutral site game that GT is hosting. No need to argue about something that there are mixed messages coming from the involved parties. There's no way to prove this until the game.
What you just wrote does not make it a home game for GT. Each team will have their own end zone. GT is the home team playing at a neutral site. Clemson is the away team playing at a neutral site.

Here’s a pick I took from the 2017 game against Tennessee. GT was the home team.

Attachments

• A5D4DC97-9280-4274-9FEB-16FA511C9A36.jpeg
    A5D4DC97-9280-4274-9FEB-16FA511C9A36.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 50

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
It's not a home game. You guys keep wanting to call it that. It's not.

Straight from the GT TICKET OFFICE after an inquiry about parking:

"Unfortunately, this year will be different than last year since it is a Chick-Fil-A Kickoff Game rather than last year as a regular home game for us. This year we have to split all of the allotment with Clemson, meaning there is significantly less space in the Home Depot Lot. The first wave of invites for the lot was only sent out to our suite holders and season ticket holders with over 2,000 priority points."

Once more for those in the back, NOT A HOME GAME.

FWIW, my ticket rep told me this same thing about the even split of tickets when I asked about upgraded seats like I got against UNC. Said they weren't able to offer many this time and I wouldn't be eligible.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
What you just wrote does not make it a home game for GT. Each team will have their own end zone. GT is the home team playing at a neutral site. Clemson is the away team playing at a neutral site.

Here’s a pick I took from the 2017 game against Tennessee. GT was the home team.
You misunderstand what people are discussing. The question isn't about who gets to call the coin toss. The question is about whether it will be treated as a home game or as a neutral site game. Everyone agrees that GT will be listed as the second (home) team in the box score.

The UNC game was treated as a full on home game for GT. There was not an excited announcement on the video board when UNC scored. The announcing, production, and field were all set up as a full "home" game for GT. The question is whether the Clemson game will be like the Tennessee game or like the UNC game.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
You misunderstand what people are discussing. The question isn't about who gets to call the coin toss. The question is about whether it will be treated as a home game or as a neutral site game. Everyone agrees that GT will be listed as the second (home) team in the box score.

The UNC game was treated as a full on home game for GT. There was not an excited announcement on the video board when UNC scored. The announcing, production, and field were all set up as a full "home" game for GT. The question is whether the Clemson game will be like the Tennessee game or like the UNC game.
Okay, fair enough. FWIW, on ramblinwreck.com, the Tennessee game in 2017 was listed as neutral. On the UNC game in 2021 we were listed as home and on the Clemson game this year we are listed as home.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I am certainly confused. A word on the athletics website, nor a description as a "home" game doesn't convince me. I haven't seen anything official that describes the Clemson ticket allotment, that says the field will be GT/ACC only, nor that the game announcing, and production will be GT centric only. I myself would not argue that it will be treated as a neutral game, but I also wouldn't argue that it will be treated as a home game. If someone in a position of responsibility in the GTAA said specifically that the tickets are being marketed mainly to GT fans, the field and dressing for the game will be GT only (except for opponent name on scoreboard), and that the announcers will be hyping GT as they do in BDS, then I would actually believe it. To actually believe one way or the other, I need something that cannot be misinterpreted or slightly misrepresented.

Of the 42,500 tickets, GT controls over 30,000 of them. (I forget the actual number) Clemson was allotted a shade less than 5k. It was my understanding that GT logos will be in both end zones, just like at the UNC game last year. I can't promise the announcing, but it's being considered a home game.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer

Disagree. If each team has their name in the endzone, then it's a neutral site and we're hosting. Chick-fil-A Classic. This means the tickets are split evenly. Not a home game for us. Same way with the old Omni games where GT and uga hosted teams on a neutral site. Same as Tennessee in 2017.

If it's a true home game, our name will be in both endzones and we'll control ticket allocation.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Disagree. If each team has their name in the endzone, then it's a neutral site and we're hosting. Chick-fil-A Classic. This means the tickets are split evenly. Not a home game for us. Same way with the old Omni games where GT and uga hosted teams on a neutral site. Same as Tennessee in 2017.

If it's a true home game, our name will be in both endzones and we'll control ticket allocation.

I can't promise name in both end zones, but we do control ticket allocation.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I SAY ALL GT ALUMNS IN ATLANTA AREA MAKE THIS A MUST ATTEND
Gt - MBS and Clemson games.
MBS 1 Tennesse was fantastic game and would have been a victory if we had made the pitch. Didn't like the crappy end zone seats
MBS 2 UNC was great tailgate- met Gibbs grandmother, had great view of game in seats that were 10 steps to beer sales, big error when I decided to buy a beer everytime gt did something good, left sining rambling srek w the students.
BDS CLEMSON 1 2014 their back up qb was bad, our OL we're warriors, snoddy leg and then the snoddy gt players take a knee in circle . UGA guy next to me was tearful and Clemson guy on the other side of me said - classy, very classy.
BDS CLEMSON 2 2016 iirc at half time we had 26 yds rushing and they had 23 points. Best dl we have ever played. prez Harrison announced hiring Tstan.

BDS CLEMSON 2018 THIS TALL LONG HAIRED CLEMSON QB ROOLED LEFT STOPPED AND THRU THE BALL ON A ROPE TO WR ON OTHER SIDELINE. . WE HAD NO CHANCE .
BDS CLEMSON 2020 - they are number 1, Trevor is all world and we are trash. Our guys not equal and not prepared against nfl qb.

CLEMSON M benz 2022 - last year guys and coaches were ready and played them hard so ..... Could be!!

Be there.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
The game isn't sold out btw. CFA and GT have huge blocks of tickets they are holding for various purposes (up to and including artificially limiting supply).

One of the sketchier things is the pricing of "Verified Resale Tickets" on Ticketmaster. I check secondary tickets for United games every week and have never seen anything like this where every x rows you move forward, the price of the "Verified Resale" tickets goes up a standard amount. For Atlanta United games, prices in sections will jump all over just depending on how desperate each individual seller is to get rid of the tickets. I've been looking at these for 2 weeks and you're telling me there's not a single seller trying to undercut that $122 price I've seen every time I look?

Seatgeek also has seats for sale in the 300s which confuses me as well.
During the Covid year I sucked up getting booted out of my section and went ot the upper east. I didn't realize I'd be trying to out price GT to sell the weekend I couldn't travel because my work put restrictions on my travel. None of my friends other than those that retained tickets wanted to go despite GT offering beer sales for the 1st time. I'd lower my sell price to $40, next thing I knew the surrounding tickets were all $38, then $30, then I just said F it and ate them. When I showed up to to the first game, everybody around me had bought their tickets on stubhub- GT was the owner of the tickets. There were 2 other sets of season ticket holders up there with me.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Some very interesting aspects to this game with new coaches on both sides. Neither team has much of an idea of what to expect. They will have more depth and several players that are more talented football players but under "new management". I like catching them early rather than later in the season.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Some very interesting aspects to this game with new coaches on both sides. Neither team has much of an idea of what to expect. They will have more depth and several players that are more talented football players but under "new management". I like catching them early rather than later in the season.
I saw the Clemson freshman back up qb at a Texas hs playoff game in San Antonio. He is a machine at reading defense and was very accurate passer. (He does not have an arm like Trevor ). It was a smaller and slower team so his guady sats need a discount .His hs coach is legend for qbs.

I hope gt helps him get some playing time .

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I saw the Clemson freshman back up qb at a Texas hs playoff game in San Antonio. He is a machine at reading defense and was very accurate passer. (He does not have an arm like Trevor ). It was a smaller and slower team so his guady sats need a discount .His hs coach is legend for qbs.

I hope gt helps him get some playing time .

Got to wonder how much their OC will change things this year. If they just dominate the LOS it won't matter what play they call.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
During the Covid year I sucked up getting booted out of my section and went ot the upper east. I didn't realize I'd be trying to out price GT to sell the weekend I couldn't travel because my work put restrictions on my travel. None of my friends other than those that retained tickets wanted to go despite GT offering beer sales for the 1st time. I'd lower my sell price to $40, next thing I knew the surrounding tickets were all $38, then $30, then I just said F it and ate them. When I showed up to to the first game, everybody around me had bought their tickets on stubhub- GT was the owner of the tickets. There were 2 other sets of season ticket holders up there with me.
I will probably throw GTAA a donation to make up some of the difference but I don't buy GTFB season tickets anymore. They charge me $100/game for seats I can grab on Seatgeek for $20 the morning of. I pick and choose which games I attend these days also but mainly because there is little appeal in attending in person (and yes I realize the irony of this). It's not really even a results thing for me - I'm just not super interested in roasting/sobering up in the sun in an empty, quiet stadium and losing the rest of my Saturday when I can watch at home.

A couple friends (who admittedly aren't super hardcore) who sat next to me for MBB last year ate enormous losses and didn't renew this year because of it. If they want to attend, they'll buy single game tickets off StubHub and just sit next to me since nobody goes to the games anyway. It's a shame because games in McCamish are stupidly fun with a strong home crowd and it would be a very hot ticket if the team was competitive. Texas Tech used to be the same as us - that arena would be empty. Beard leads them to an Elite 8 and Final 4 and now it's the most raucous gym in college basketball.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Of the 42,500 tickets, GT controls over 30,000 of them. (I forget the actual number) Clemson was allotted a shade less than 5k. It was my understanding that GT logos will be in both end zones, just like at the UNC game last year. I can't promise the announcing, but it's being considered a home game.
Clemson(visiting team) received 3400 seats.