Clemson Game Sold Out

dmurdock

Jolly Good Fellow
Per AJC and TigerNet:

The game is this year's Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game. I can't read the AJC article but TigerNet references stadium configuration will be similar to last year's UNC game. There is also a very limited number of tickets that have been reserved for new Tech season tickets or 3-game mini-packs.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
"home game" No.

Well over 50% orange with an end zone that's going to be orange and say "Clemson", in a place that is not Bobby Dodd Stadium, is not a home game.

I will be there, but it is definitely a neutral site game.
GT has this listed as a "home" game which to me means our normal season ticket seating locations and individual game GT tickets & Clempson gets the normal visitor allotment unless I'm misunderstanding things here. Certainly GT would not bill a game as a "home" game and put us in the endzone again like against Tennessee. That one was not a "home" game. I'm gonna be pissed if I get reseated to the endzone again because they split MBS in half and GT only owns half the 42k seats and there's no upper deck open to put anyone between the 30's.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Why would you only use the 42,000 seat configuration against Clemson? Doesn't make sense. You're losing out on 30,000 seats that could be sold at $100 per ticket (?) or $3 million in revenues. Assume this is due to Clemson selling more tickets than we would, but why throw away the $3 million? Typical GTAA. Moving one of your biggest games to MB and selling 13,000 fewer tickets than you could at home. We've got a bunch of Einstein's running the GTAA, starting with Stansbury. We're already behind the 8 ball in revenues, so let's throw away a chance to make $3 million or more. Unbelievable.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Why would you only use the 42,000 seat configuration against Clemson? Doesn't make sense. You're losing out on 30,000 seats that could be sold at $100 per ticket (?) or $3 million in revenues. Assume this is due to Clemson selling more tickets than we would, but why throw away the $3 million? Typical GTAA. Moving one of your biggest games to MB and selling 13,000 fewer tickets than you could at home. We've got a bunch of Einstein's running the GTAA, starting with Stansbury. We're already behind the 8 ball in revenues, so let's throw away a chance to make $3 million or more. Unbelievable.
Per AJC. We were going to have it at 100%. But after another 3 win win season, it was capped at 42,000 because we dont want an orange wave at BDS (see red wave last year). We had already committed to this game being at MBS and to break it would cost more than the 3 million because it wouldn't be featured as a Chick fil A kickoff (sponsor $$$)on ESPN (more sponsor $$$) and would be a noon kickoff at BDS. It's not that hard. GT will come out ahead in the wallet and scoreboard. GO TECH!!

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Per AJC. We were going to have it at 100%. But after another 3 win win season, it was capped at 42,000 because we dont want an orange wave at BDS (see red wave last year). We had already committed to this game being at MBS and to break it would cost more than the 3 million because it wouldn't be featured as a Chick fil A kickoff (sponsor $$$)on ESPN (more sponsor $$$) and would be a noon kickoff at BDS. It's not that hard. GT will come out ahead in the wallet and scoreboard. GO TECH!!

Why throw away the money from the extra 30,000 tickets? Who cares if they are in orange? The odds of us winning are limited at best. If we played at Bobby Dodd, there would be 13,000 more tickets sold. Play hard and take home the extra $s. Just looks dumb, as is typical under current regime with Stansbury and Collins.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Why throw away the money from the extra 30,000 tickets? Who cares if they are in orange? The odds of us winning are limited at best. If we played at Bobby Dodd, there would be 13,000 more tickets sold. Play hard and take home the extra $s. Just looks dumb, as is typical under current regime with Stansbury and Collins.
But even with extra 13,000, we still make more money playing at MBS once a year. Our kickback is set. The sponsor dollars more than make up for any additional seat gains at BDS. And we don't have to worry about gameday staff pay or logistics or anything. Chick fil A gives us money for this game. The game is a home game so we make money there. ESPN and the Falcons cover the gameday operations. Its a win win once a year.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
But even with extra 13,000, we still make more money playing at MBS once a year. Our kickback is set. The sponsor dollars more than make up for any additional seat gains at BDS. And we don't have to worry about gameday staff pay or logistics or anything. Chick fil A gives us money for this game. The game is a home game so we make money there. ESPN and the Falcons cover the gameday operations. Its a win win once a year.

So if we sold more tickets, would we make more money or we are getting a flat rate whether there are 42,000 tickets sold or 72,000 tickets sold?

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
"home game" No.

Well over 50% orange with an end zone that's going to be orange and say "Clemson", in a place that is not Bobby Dodd Stadium, is not a home game.

I will be there, but it is definitely a neutral site game.
Clemson is receiving tickets from Tech as Tech is the home team in this ACC contest.

Buzz_404

Jolly Good Fellow
This is a home game. We will have recruits there. Advantage GT. GT "fans" will sell their seat to Clemzon. Glad those fans wont be there to witness The Upset!
Thank you, if you need to sell your seat I get it, but make SURE you sell it to a GT fan, I live in florida, I wish I could go to every game, I’ll be at the UCF game and maybe the fsu game so I hope we win at least one of those, haven’t seen us win since our homecoming win against wake Forest in 2017

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
So if we sold more tickets, would we make more money or we are getting a flat rate whether there are 42,000 tickets sold or 72,000 tickets sold?
I'm with you, Lorenzo. This doesn't make any sense. Why not sell the ~30,000 tickets? Not to mention the greater concessions revenues. If the contract doesn't let us get more revenue from more tickets, then why doesn't it? Limiting the orange is worth throwing a couple, two, three million down the toilet? Sounds ridiculous to me.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I honestly think it's a good play. We couldn't even get 55k against Clemson in 2018 on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. There's going to be even less attendees driving to Atlanta on a Monday evening PLUS you need to account for the recent FBS-wide attendance fall-offs. GTAA gets to at least control the supply-demand curve if we cap the attendance.

The current prices (astronomical, IMO but I'll still pay closer to gameday when people start backing out last second) to get into MBS are not a happy accident.