Clemson fans

Chris Freeman

Jolly Good Fellow
Clemson is the only away game where I have been invited to tailgates just by walking up. When Tech played Clemson in the ACCCG in Tampa we ended up sitting with a group of Clemson fans at a Bahama Breeze the night before the game and then again at an Applebee's after. They're loud and obnoxious but in the way you'd want them to be.

UGA fans suck. Had my car windows put out in Athens and my flags stolen one year and then another year had my Tech license plate stolen off the front bumper. Had a young drunk guy intentionally grab my wife's breast outside the stadium and then run away laughing with his friend. I also smacked one in the back of the head for smoking inside the stadium after a dad politely asked him to stop blowing smoke in his little girl's face and he refused.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Oh damn., second hand smoke is one thing...but blowing it directly in a kids face....I think I'd put that cig out in his face if he did that to one of my girls. That or put it out with a fist.

Chris Freeman

Jolly Good Fellow
He wasn't blowing it directly in her face on purpose necessarily but the wind was taking it straight off his cigarette and everytime he exhaled and it was going right in her face to the point she was coughing. The dad was very mild mannered and asked him politely to put it out ... Me, not so much. Shouldn't be smoking in the stadium anyway

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
We are the origin of one of Clemson's traditions:

In 1977, Georgia Tech decided to stop playing football against Clemson. In a show of protest, students and alumni stamped $2 bills with Tiger Paws and used them in Atlanta to illustrate the money Tiger fans spent at athletic events. Today, fans still use $2 bills when attending away games.
http://www.clemson.edu/about/traditions.html

Not quite true. The only problem was GT wanted to play the games per the signed contracts. The CU coach (ingram?) thought the GT game was going to be played earlier at CU than what the contract read. GT wanted to, the horror, abide by the signed contracts.

As for CU, if I had to lose to any ACC team I would rather lose to them than anyone else in the ACC.

Yoda

Helluva Engineer
Have a friend who has a lake house on Lake Hartwell, been to Death Valley many times. We would go up on Friday and stay at the lake house and always had a great time, win or lose.
Never had a serious issue, mostly good-natured smack talk, they do get a little testy when they lose (we all do).
Though in talking to them lately, right now they are wayyyyyy over-confident.
Lake Hartwell = God's country

Jacket4Life

Jolly Good Fellow
Never had an issue with Clemson fans. They have always been good host. To be honest the only fans I have had issues with are VT and Maryland when they were in the ACC. VT fans are the worst IMO.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
Never had a problem at Clemson and been their several times.

Wife has attended 2 games in Athens with me. One was a win...the other a loss. Both times had stuff thrown at us. The first, the win, had skittles raining down. We both thought that kinda funny actually. The 2nd time was ice cubes. I didn't realize she got hit so didn't address the issue, I'd have probly ended up in jail if I had. We were sitting with my wife's sister and then boyfriend, both mutts, and he did see and address it. It then stopped but the wife won't go to games in Athens any more. That low brow crap doesn't go on at other schools IMO.

Worst I've seen from our own end is obnoxious drunk frat I had to tell shut up and move along one year.
My wife is a uga grad who refuses to take our kids to athens. That really tells your something about their fans and the atmosphere. I love that I can take my kids to Tech games without fearing for their safety or innocence.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
They're a lot like Awbun fans; good people generally and more interested in watching the game then going after the other side's fans. Nothing like the Bama and Dwag fans; both are on everyone's list as the worst in the South.

What I really like about them, however, is how apprehensive they are about playing at Grant Field. The place has been the graveyard of Tigger football hopes more times then I can count.

I love that.