Clemson fans

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Are they generally good or bad fans? Any experiences with them at games? I have seen a lot of them that seem to hate CPJ and GT in general. Then some are very classy.

Also they have a 300 pound DT playin DE against us, which he has been playing all year does this help us or hurt us in y'all opinion?

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
Living in the heart of clemson territory I can say for the most part they are great. As a matter of Fact my good buddy Mike is going down so if you see an older gentleman named mike please be nice. But there are the occasional hot head but I really think most are very easy to talk to and not obnoxious.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Have a friend who has a lake house on Lake Hartwell, been to Death Valley many times. We would go up on Friday and stay at the lake house and always had a great time, win or lose.
Never had a serious issue, mostly good-natured smack talk, they do get a little testy when they lose (we all do).
Though in talking to them lately, right now they are wayyyyyy over-confident.

bartoma

Jolly Good Fellow
I think that GT and Clemson fans both recognize that the relationship is a bit symbiotic - their success lends credibility to our success and vice versa... We are also unified in being "really" Southern (as opposed to the Triangle schools) in the heart of the hostile land of the SEC, and we're not snobs (like 2/3rd of the Triangle schools and UVA)...

Maybe it's just me, but I think there's a natural alignment among GT, NCSU, VT and Clemson, and the fans of those schools share something in common that is absent from the fans of schools like FSU, daU, UNC, and the rest of the ACC...

Lawyer mark

Jolly Good Fellow
My first trip to Death Valley was 1989 and I was just a kid. Several family members are Clemson alum so I walked with them and wore gold. Remember some kids talking trash, but we won so I didn't mind much!

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
How about the DT playing DE for Clemson, will it help us or hurt us? I think on rocket tosses and stuff it should help, idk if he will be fast enough to chase our A backs down like we have seen some DE do.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Dabo-Swinney-photo-booth-e1374592771703.png

dmurdock

Jolly Good Fellow
We are the origin of one of Clemson's traditions:

In 1977, Georgia Tech decided to stop playing football against Clemson. In a show of protest, students and alumni stamped $2 bills with Tiger Paws and used them in Atlanta to illustrate the money Tiger fans spent at athletic events. Today, fans still use $2 bills when attending away games.
http://www.clemson.edu/about/traditions.html

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
MOST - not all - fans at each school are nice and not as*holes.
(This is true in Athens too... heck had a drunk girl get in a face of one of the "as*holes" and told him to STFU and leave me and my son alone. Others in the area apologized for the guys behavior. His last heckle came just before a guy 5 or 6 seats to my left walked up the 3 rows to his spot and basically told him to sit and shut up or he'd make him wish that he had.)

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Never had a problem at Clemson and been their several times.

Wife has attended 2 games in Athens with me. One was a win...the other a loss. Both times had stuff thrown at us. The first, the win, had skittles raining down. We both thought that kinda funny actually. The 2nd time was ice cubes. I didn't realize she got hit so didn't address the issue, I'd have probly ended up in jail if I had. We were sitting with my wife's sister and then boyfriend, both mutts, and he did see and address it. It then stopped but the wife won't go to games in Athens any more. That low brow crap doesn't go on at other schools IMO.

Worst I've seen from our own end is obnoxious drunk frat I had to tell shut up and move along one year.