Clayton had 2 sacks ?

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Clayton looked really good. Really good. I’m not sure how many snaps he played, but what I saw was a guy who was really good at deciphering plays, defending the run and pushing into the backfield to rush the QB. He was close a few times and didn’t get the sack. He was better than any rush end I’ve seen at GT this year or last.

Hopefully he is helping our young guys with their technique during practice. If that kind of effort can be replicated across our DLinemen, we will be dangerous.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Believe we will see more Clayton type players at GT in the future. I don't have any inside info or think one is committing soon or anything like that, CGC builds really great defenses and we're looking better all the time on offense. STs, don't know, but probably fixable sometime in the future, all IMO of course. I mention offense above because I think that also helps attract great defense prospects to a really good defensive team in todays CFB. Seeing a really good QB prospect developing like Jeff is doing is very attractive to kids on both sides of the ball IMO.

SWATlien

Ramblin' Wreck
He was the best dlineman on the field last night.

Ryan had a sack called back for a face mask. I’d like to see them more in tandem as book ends. Jordan had a good game.

I think the tackles got worked some, especially in the first half.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
I would assume that this starts rolling downhill a bit. If there is only one lineman getting pressure, it is easier for the OL to focus on him. If you have multiple, makes it harder to scheme around.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Ryan had a sack called back for a face mask.

I thought this was another bad call. Maybe I’m off, but it looked like he had the top of the guys shoulder pad near the collar bone instead of his face mask. Anybody else think the same or am I crazy?

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I thought this was another bad call. Maybe I’m off, but it looked like he had the top of the guys shoulder pad near the collar bone instead of his face mask. Anybody else think the same or am I crazy?

If it's what I am thinking, I believe it was a facemask on someone else who was trying to fight off a block.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
He was credited with 2.5 sacks and 2 TFLs. Not too shabby. Oth, he normally only had to face one blocker and, for some reason, it was often their TE. No more of that, I think. It's double teams for him from now on. We'll see how he copes with that. Well, I hope; we need somebody who will take up OL attention from our opponents. That hasn't happened since Gotsis was at Tech.

I've discounted him before last night and on good evidence. Looks like I was wrong; he may have needed time to work into shape.