Class of 2023

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
How many of these guys do you expect to see on campus? Are any of them at the Harry Ford level and sure things to be gone?
I'm not too familiar with many of them and since Christian didn't play any summer ball didn't get to see and 22s in action this summer.
Haven't seen or heard of a lot of the 23s but we've been off circuit. Twitter definitely blowing up now that folks are out and about and hunting.

Good gets this week.

From what we've seen and heard....
  • Riley from 22...He gone
  • Craska from 23...He gone
  • If Henely from 23 is top rated and this fast. He might go as well.
I dropped the $30/month PG membership so I can't see rankings or read up on the players like before.

But rest assured and as you can see we're getting DEEP and THICK in TALENT y'all.
As promised and projected!!!
Told you to be patient :)

Carter Daniels had TJ so he's out for 22 season. Everyone else in the 21 class is looking healthy.
The guys are throwing again and ramping up for August Workouts and start for Fall Ball.

Summer Ball guys are wrapping up and getting in rest.
MGJr is back from the Cape and resting. As well as some of the others.

Prospect camp this weekend on campus if anyone is local and able to peek.
Summer school wraps up next week and finals the following.

the 21 class will be on campus to move in 8/14-15 and have a week of athletic orientation before school starts 8/23.

Going to be all kinds of fun!

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
somehow can see ranks...so I grabbed screenshots to share
1627044761115.png

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
After watching Bradfield Jr at Vandy, I want a guy who can change the game on the basepaths.
You’ll have one in three years. Hall doesn’t run he plays for home runs. Louisville conversely, runs constantly and constantly puts pressure on opposing defenses. It’s just not our game under Hall and that’s just the reality.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
You’ll have one in three years. Hall doesn’t run he plays for home runs. Louisville conversely, runs constantly and constantly puts pressure on opposing defenses. It’s just not our game under Hall and that’s just the reality.

Aaahhh, the small ball argument versus HR.

I think we started playing more small ball and bunt (for hit attempt) later in the season. But we were 259th in stolen base attempts per game last year: https://www.ncaa.com/stats/baseball/d1/current/team/326/p6

Regardless, I would not put the entire 0-10 record of advancing in the NCAAs in our last 10 appearances on baserunning. But when you play teams where getting anyone on board is at a premium, small ball is essential IMHO. Not so much where you can bludgeon the opposing pitchers.

1627213478501.png

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Aaahhh, the small ball argument versus HR.

I think we started playing more small ball and bunt (for hit attempt) later in the season. But we were 259th in stolen base attempts per game last year: https://www.ncaa.com/stats/baseball/d1/current/team/326/p6

Regardless, I would not put the entire 0-10 record of advancing in the NCAAs in our last 10 appearances on baserunning. But when you play teams where getting anyone on board is at a premium, small ball is essential IMHO. Not so much where you can bludgeon the opposing pitchers.

View attachment 10909
Thanks for the statistical support: we don’t run!

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Not hearing or seeing much for other 23’s as Pete is dominating PG shout outs.
He is a beast and I would imagine drafting super high outta high school.