Class of 2015

wxl

Georgia Tech Fan
Amazing how many of this class are starting or playing significant minutes as soph and RS freshmen. Hell of a recruiting class. Future looks bright with this class and class of 2016 contributing as well. We have a lot more depth this year at all positions. Based on how they did against Vandy, hope to see St Armour, Cerge-Henderson, and Adams getting more playing time.

Last edited:

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I would have to agree that the early returns are pretty good. Even though we are young, we appear to have more kids who can come in and play without a noticeable dropoff.

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
I am a firm believer that Ted Roof is the main reason we are getting better recruits. He has the ability to connect with kids in a way that few coaches have. As I've said before, he gets us kids we have no business getting. If we give him a chance we'll reap the benefits of getting those better players.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
yep--I said before season that the key was for the '15 class to growup FAST to take over for the bad classes esp '13. Nice start but the road gets a "bit rough" now.Put on your seatbelt.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
It seems to me a fairly frequent occurrence that after a little time, our recruiting classes turn out to be considerably better than they looked on signing day. Not saying anyone poo-poohed the 2015 class.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
It really makes me excited for next year. The key losses we'll see next year (outside of attrition) are Justin Thomas, Patrick Gamble, Freddie Burden, Harrison Butker, and Ryan Rodwell. We're bringing in the second best punter in the nation next year and a top 5 kicker, so we shouldn't see much drop off in kicking and probably an improvement at punting. I think we can get someone to perform at Freddie's level as everyone matures and I think the OL will improve as a whole. Gamble is a good DT, but Cerge-Henderson, Glanton, and Adams should be able to step up and perform just as well if not better. The only major loss I see is Justin Thomas. I think while MJ won't be able to break off on 30 yard runs like JT can, we'll be able to run the midline again (something CPJ mentioned is one of JT's worst plays). I think it would just be an adjustment to play calling to maximize his talents.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It really makes me excited for next year. The key losses we'll see next year (outside of attrition) are Justin Thomas, Patrick Gamble, Freddie Burden, Harrison Butker, and Ryan Rodwell. We're bringing in the second best punter in the nation next year and a top 5 kicker, so we shouldn't see much drop off in kicking and probably an improvement at punting. I think we can get someone to perform at Freddie's level as everyone matures and I think the OL will improve as a whole. Gamble is a good DT, but Cerge-Henderson, Glanton, and Adams should be able to step up and perform just as well if not better. The only major loss I see is Justin Thomas. I think while MJ won't be able to break off on 30 yard runs like JT can, we'll be able to run the midline again (something CPJ mentioned is one of JT's worst plays). I think it would just be an adjustment to play calling to maximize his talents.
I miss midline as an equalizer. It fixes so many things.