CJP suing Ron Bell

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Here’s the thing, I don’t blame Parrish for releasing the story. That upped his profile (as if he needed that) and that story was the talk of the sport for about a week

I do however blame him for the radio spot. That seemed unnecessary and over the top given this guys obvious lack of mental stability.

Hopefully this clears Pastners good name

Techster

Helluva Engineer
CJP should have filed on the day of the 'Bama/UGA national championship game...you know, bury the news. Unless of course, CJP WANTED to maximize the news cycle to out the details in the lawsuit about Bell.

This is either going to make Bell scurry away into hiding, or make him double down on being Ron Bell. Something tells me we may need to get some popcorn ready.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I’m not worried about this being a distraction. I think it was earlier in the season. Pastner is one of the most respected guys in all of college hoops. This will clear his name and let everyone else know how psycho Ron is.

Andewa

Jolly Good Fellow
HELL YES! I stated in the original Ron Bell thread several months ago that I wanted to go after this guy with legal action after the NCAA stuff was done. Screw this guy for coming after CPast and by extension, the GT brand. He messed with the wrong people.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I wonder if all of the innuendo and unsubstantiated claims has had a negative impact on recruiting and this is necessary to "clear the air" so opposing coaches can't recruit negatively. You know they're (ehm...Fox) using everything they can to remove us as recruiting competition.
My thought exactly. We are likely to have 1 or 2 more slots open at the end of the year. This lets parents and athletes know Josh is clean with the NCAA.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
As much as I believe the lawsuit is valid, I don't like it. People who have a loose relationship with the truth do not change because you have held them accountable. This just provides more opportunity for him to stir things up. It seemed like he was gone from GT having done damage we could recover from. Wish that's all we left it at.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
As much as I believe the lawsuit is valid, I don't like it. People who have a loose relationship with the truth do not change because you have held them accountable. This just provides more opportunity for him to stir things up. It seemed like he was gone from GT having done damage we could recover from. Wish that's all we left it at.
That's just it. We, as fans, may not have seen the extent of the damage. Maybe this is necessary in order to recover.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
The article on ESPN says that he was still accusing CJP of things in December. That’s not that long ago. According to those reports, Pastner and Tech have been taking the proper steps all along the way.

msargent1

Jolly Good Fellow

Remember, Ron's goal was to destroy Pastner and get him fired. He wasn't going to stop, so Pastner's only recourse was to turn to the courts. In addition, Ron sounds mentally unhinge so Pastner may fear for his family's safety. This type of problem doesn't go away by ignoring it. I don't think he really had any other option short of having El Chapo's people pay Ron a little visit .... ok that last part was my attempt at dark humor.

Last edited:

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Remember, Ron's goal was to destroy Pastner and get him fired. He wasn't going to stop, so Pastner's only recourse was to turn to the courts. In addition, Ron sounds mentally unhinge so Pastner may fear for his family's safety. This type of problem doesn't go away by ignoring it. I don't think he really had any other option short of having El Chapo's people pay Ron a little visit .... ok that last part was my attempt at dark humor.

I understand Pastner's feelings, or at least think I can appreciate something of them. I don't think he is doing anything morally wrong, if anything the reverse. I just disagree that it will lead to a better outcome. I think it does go away by ignoring it, by allowing him the power that he has to do damage even though the damage isn't deserved. He might still be attacking Pastner, and I don't know if it is causing effect we haven't heard off, but it looks like the program is capable of moving on from here. Some fights may be just but just aren't worth fighting. I can't say that I know for certain having only limited access to the facts that this is the case here.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
They accused him of sexual assault IIUC as recently as December.

Pure crazy like that doesn't just go away. It festers. It sees CPast on TV and imagines he's slighting them based on the color of his tie. It re-imagines interactions that simply didn't take place. To me, it looks like this is taking the bull by the horns and 'papering the file' probably to facilitate some prison time for Ron.

Deleted member 2897

Guys, read between the lines. The harassments and allegations from Ron Bell never slowed down after all of this. I am sure that CJP had just rather everything drifted away into quietness. Unfortunately that’s not the case, and you know he would not have done all this unless he still felt threatened even today by this wacko. The guy won’t stop wild accusations, threats, phone calls, texts, etc.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer

actually a cease and desist order and a permanent restraining order need to happen and the law suit is one way for this to happen. if the rb guy is threatening people he needs to be kept at bay.

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck

By December 6th the punishments for Tadric and Okogie had been handed out. Could the NCAA have been talking to Bell in regards to DLab?

This is crazy but a)I'd assume that Pastner wouldn't file this without significant evidence to support all of his claims and b)Even if he did want to let this go once Bell and his girlfriend claimed that Pastner sexually assaulted her(jumping on the "Me Too" bandwagon) Coach Pastner obviously felt like he had to defend himself in the most substantial way possible.