CJ Leggett update

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Well, you probably know better than I but there are some jobs that you get hired for that you still need training, certification and trips to that conference where quality control guidelines are cemented in to the consciousness of the employee. Hope playing CJ is not like throwing the guy onto your most important account before he even knows the right codes to use.

I agree with this. But did we see the rate of attrition being as issue as it has been lately.
Has our lack luster defensive play forced us to use our seemingly "ace in the whole" in an effort to keep the offense rolling? The ZL injury wil loom larger than expected. But maybe I'm looking at things thru rose colored glasses myself? ?
In no way would I NOT want the coaching staff to do whatever needs to be done to make the team get the W. Becoming bowl eligibal when the delta charter heads south should be the goal for the day! No matter who you touches the turf

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Of course they are. It's not a coincidence that CP is the lead blocker so often. I'm not sure you call it scripted but it's definitely having players in the right position.

I think this is true some of the time. But when its Perkins, Hill, and Zenon out there I'm 99% sure they choose themselves which side they start on.

GT_Inta-neer

Georgia Tech Fan
Have we played three B-backs in any game this season? I am not sure about burning his shirt if he is only third string right now. Yeah, I know game experience is valuable, but that extra year would be nice for depth purposes. Plus, it is not like Days and Connors can't fill in for Laskey by themselves, I just don't see us gaining much extra by playing Leggett now in regards to winning the game. The only reason to play him is for experience, but if that was the plan why not get him reps from game one this season?

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
This is kinda hard to square with PJ's earlier comment that he will not burn the redshirt for four plays a game. I have a lot of confidence in Days, but I am excited about the prospect of seeing CJ today. I guess we'll know in a few hours!

Not really. It was easy for him to say that at the time. He had a healthy Laskey, a healthy Connors and a healthy Days in case of emergency. Take Laskey out of the rotation for a few games and he doesn't really have any other choice. He had also said he wanted to keep Days at A because he thought it would be better for him.

Not saying I agree with it, but CPJ doesn't have the luxury of trying to get by with Connors until Laskey gets back. If rumors are to be believed it could cost him his job. And if something happens to Connors or Days today, then everybody rushes back to the boards to bash him for not getting CJ some experience.

Coaching really is a tough job, isn't it?

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
I think it would be easier to do that fo
Not really. It was easy for him to say that at the time. He had a healthy Laskey, a healthy Connors and a healthy Days in case of emergency. Take Laskey out of the rotation for a few games and he doesn't really have any other choice. He had also said he wanted to keep Days at A because he thought it would be better for him.

Not saying I agree with it, but CPJ doesn't have the luxury of trying to get by with Connors until Laskey gets back. If rumors are to be believed it could cost him his job. And if something happens to Connors or Days today, then everybody rushes back to the boards to bash him for not getting CJ some experience.

Coaching really is a tough job, isn't it?
What rumors?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
You can always redshirt him later...Right?

We played Bostic as a true freshman, then redshirted him the next year. Or does that only work in cases of injury?

Same with Isaiah Johnson. Could have played last year, but wanted an extra year to fortify that knee so he took a redshirt. You can redshirt at any time.

johncu

Jolly Good Fellow
Next year we will wish that Leggett had experience this year.
Meh, I think game experience is a bit overrated for non-QB positions. That same rationale resulted in Josh Nesbitt playing in 2007 and you can bet PJ was pissed at Gailey for that when 2011 rolled around and we were left with only Tevin Washington.

I'd rather have a RS-senior Leggett still around in 2018.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
A few things we know for sure, Leggett should be a lot better as a 5th yr sr than as a true frosh. Most of this year is already gone. He doesn't have a firm grasp on the offense yet. Experience in games helps, but not 8 carries a game running a limited play set because he doesn't know where to go. That last scenario limits the scope of our offense that is just now hitting it's stride. I say play him only if he provides a better chance to win.

dhbartlett12

Ramblin' Wreck
Meh, I think game experience is a bit overrated for non-QB positions. That same rationale resulted in Josh Nesbitt playing in 2007 and you can bet PJ was pissed at Gailey for that when 2011 rolled around and we were left with only Tevin Washington.

I'd rather have a RS-senior Leggett still around in 2018.

Meh. Leggett being around in 2018 just mean we wont recruit that extra BB in 2018 who might just end up being better than him. I prefer letting freshman play. That's more active guys on the team and more recruits which means more active guys on the team.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Meh. Leggett being around in 2018 just mean we wont recruit that extra BB in 2018 who might just end up being better than him. I prefer letting freshman play. That's more active guys on the team and more recruits which means more active guys on the team.
Wait a second. What are we gonna do? Wait, okay, I know. Here's what we do. We just go to the time machine, then when I get back to the past, I tell her not to do the experiment. Then she won't even be her. That'll work, right?
No, no, wait a second. She already is here. So, that must mean I didn't go back in time, right?
No, wait, hold on. It just means I haven't done it yet. Okay, so, I go back an tell her not to do the experiment. Then I won't have to do it either because she won't be here. Then I won't have to come back and save her, right?
But then, wait. Why am I still here?
How does this time travel work?

johncu

Jolly Good Fellow
Think about it this way: are you glad we didn't redshirt Attaochu? We just recruited another DE that might end up being better than him. Simple, right?