CJ Leggett update

dhbartlett12

Ramblin' Wreck
Think about it this way: are you glad we didn't redshirt Attaochu? We just recruited another DE that might end up being better than him. Simple, right?

Well when you are as good as Attaochu, you're definitely not redshirting him. Attaochu would be gone anyways. Remember after the Sun Bowl, he was going to declare for the draft, but his broken arm meant he wouldn't have been able to do the combine, pro day, yaddy yaddy yadda. Probably was a 4th rounder that year. If he hadn't broken his arm and we RSed him, we would have had him for only 2 years.

For CJ Leggett, you can expect another Zach Laskey or David Sims. This program will perpetually turn out Laskeys and Sims for eternity. Every now and then, one of them will be a Jonathan Dwyer. I say the more guys we move through the program, the better the chance of striking gold.

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
Beginning of the season it was reported through message board rumors (no official news reports) that CPJ had to win the Coastal to keep his job. I like to think that wasn't a hard rule though. It's been a better season overall than most expected.
Thanks, I must have somehow missed it the first time around.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Beginning of the season it was reported through message board rumors (no official news reports) that CPJ had to win the Coastal to keep his job. I like to think that wasn't a hard rule though. It's been a better season overall than most expected.
That was always a completely ridiculous claim. Totally illogical and would have been wholly unprofessional for an AD to ever allow to be floated. Whoever spread such a stupid rumor was a definite troll.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
That was always a completely ridiculous claim. Totally illogical and would have been wholly unprofessional for an AD to ever allow to be floated. Whoever spread such a stupid rumor was a definite troll.
You are absolutely correct. Over the years that I have watched Tech it has seemed that Tech fans are especially susceptible to that kind of trolling. There is a certain group (who shall go unnamed) who always wish the worst for Tech and are obsessed with trying to create turmoil in the program. Their magical thinking is that if they can say things hard enough or long enough they will become self fulfilling prophecies and Tech will come unraveled. Tech fans give way too much credence to this level of psychological warfare as they do to the tropes of negative recruiting.