Citadel Tickets

WrongShadeOfGold

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm currently organizing a group outing for 7 adults and 5 kids to attend the Citadel game. It will be the first football game for all of the kids and 4 of the adults. I'm looking for free or really cheap tickets to make this happen. I am a season ticket holder and have already requested my two extra free tickets for this game. Would anyone else be willing to do the same and pass those along to me? We are currently still looking for 6 tickets preferably in Upper North as that is where the other tickets are (though any location would be appreciated). Also, does anyone have suggestions for pregame tailgating/kid friendly activities? Taking kids to a Tech game is a new experience for me this year. Thanks in advance.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I won't know until week of if I'll have an extra one but keep in touch. Also, the top level of Peter's Deck has bouncy houses etc. Not sure of other details as I don't have kids. Your ticket rep should be able to fill you in on that

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I'm currently organizing a group outing for 7 adults and 5 kids to attend the Citadel game. It will be the first football game for all of the kids and 4 of the adults. I'm looking for free or really cheap tickets to make this happen. I am a season ticket holder and have already requested my two extra free tickets for this game. Would anyone else be willing to do the same and pass those along to me? We are currently still looking for 6 tickets preferably in Upper North as that is where the other tickets are (though any location would be appreciated). Also, does anyone have suggestions for pregame tailgating/kid friendly activities? Taking kids to a Tech game is a new experience for me this year. Thanks in advance.
Well, if the season goes like some on the board fear, you do realize this is a form of child abuse, right?

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
NOTHING is "guaranteed". Remember Gardner-Webb? Yeah, we won, but we probably shouldn't have. Ask Curry and even Ross about those "guaranteed wins", and they will both remind you of Furman.

The GW game was something of an anomaly. We started and played Calvin Booker at QB that day because Nesbitt and Shaw were both injured. I know nothing is "guaranteed," but if The Citadel is hanging around with us in the 4th quarter, we have real problems.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
The GW game was something of an anomaly. We started and played Calvin Booker at QB that day because Nesbitt and Shaw were both injured. I know nothing is "guaranteed," but if The Citadel is hanging around with us in the 4th quarter, we have real problems.
Now there is a name I could have gone a lifetime without hearing again. He is the guy, I think I recall correctly, who made the approach to Thomas as a representative of some figure I never quite got, and the result when it all washed out was probation for Tech. There was that and the fact that Booker had feet like cement mixers except not as quick.

Ramblin Wreckt

Georgia Tech Fan
OP: I have one for you in Upper North that I'll pm when I receive.

Also, as season ticket holders know, GTAA offered promo code for 2 free complimentary tix for either USF or Citadel game. Mine are spoken for, but reminder to ST holders to make sure you claim those.

WrongShadeOfGold

Jolly Good Fellow
OP: I have one for you in Upper North that I'll pm when I receive.

Also, as season ticket holders know, GTAA offered promo code for 2 free complimentary tix for either USF or Citadel game. Mine are spoken for, but reminder to ST holders to make sure you claim those.
That is awesome. Thank you so much.

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
I would contact the ticket office first, they may have some sort of group discount you can get and everyone can sit together.

https://ramblinwreck.com/footballtickets/

Taken from the ticket info website:

Planning a Family or Homecoming reunion, group or corporate outing? Bring everyone to Bobby Dodd Stadium this fall!

We offer special fan experiences and pricing for your group. Group tickets start as low a s$10 per ticket!*

Please contact Zach Kaplan at 404-385-4422 or [email protected] for discounts on groups of 20 or more.

Group Fan Experiences include:

• Pre-game sideline access
  • Halftime sideline access
  • Pre-game on-field photo
  • Human Tunnel for the team entrance
*subject to increase based on game, seating location and number of tickets purchased.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
As a first time season ticket holder, I've been upset with the process. Dates change on when tickets are available, comp ticket request, when the single game tickets mailed out, when season tickets mailed out. Each time I talked to a rep, I got a different answer. It's not their fault, but rather the organization. When we sign up for season tickets, the dates should be set in stone and published. Single game tickets for season ticket holders area available on X. Comp tickets available on X. Tickets will be mailed out on X etc.

I was told when I ordered my comp tickets 2 weeks ago, that single game tickets would be mailed out first week of August because they are printed at GT (I prefer hard tickets) and that season tickets would be mailed out this week.

I know it is a truly first world problem and my big butt will be in stadium for the first game, but it's summer and I need to complain.
THWg

LibertyTurns

Banned
As a first time season ticket holder, I've been upset with the process. Dates change on when tickets are available, comp ticket request, when the single game tickets mailed out, when season tickets mailed out. Each time I talked to a rep, I got a different answer. It's not their fault, but rather the organization. When we sign up for season tickets, the dates should be set in stone and published. Single game tickets for season ticket holders area available on X. Comp tickets available on X. Tickets will be mailed out on X etc.

I was told when I ordered my comp tickets 2 weeks ago, that single game tickets would be mailed out first week of August because they are printed at GT (I prefer hard tickets) and that season tickets would be mailed out this week.

I know it is a truly first world problem and my big butt will be in stadium for the first game, but it's summer and I need to complain.
THWg
Welcome to the land of the frustrated. At least this year we’re not sweating the load waiting for tickets days before the 1st game. Hey GT ticket office, some people’s jobs do not have them in a stationary location. We paid for these
things months before kickoff, we get the same damn seats every year, etc. Surely GT can figure out how to print and mail a ticket, or email.

This year I’m not traveling the weeks before the game nor is the game on Labor Day weekend. Piece of cake hopefully.

stech81

Helluva Engineer

THWg
I don't remember how it was worded I remember it said they would be mail out the week of the 18th. But that could mean the company printing them will mail them out but sometime next week you should get an E-mail or text from UPs giving you an idea what day they will be at your house. Pretty sure the last 2 years they can from UPs.