Chuckle Head and Churned Up

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So, I am listening to those two boobs on the way home today and I was astonished to hear them giving TECH some credit. But then, they went on to say that the ACC going 4-0 against the SEC didn't mean anything as far as the SEC being the dominant premier conference. "Doesn't mean a thing" they say.

I guess that leaves me wondering what could mean something? If winning games doesn't matter, what does?

Let me be clear, I don't think 4 consecutive games played on a single day makes up for a poor record in recent years, but it doesn't mean "nothing". Heck, if the Special ED Conference had won the games, it sure as heck fire would have been proof that the SEC is the best in their eyes.

I swear, SEC football has become a religious cult. There is no challenging it, regardless of on field results.

The SEC might still be the best conference in CFB, but the margin is nowhere close to where those knuckleheads think it is. In fact, I would call it razor thin. I will give them credit for this much unequivocally: they do the best job of putting butts in the seats and getting them stirred up. After that, it is pretty much a crapshoot.

I'll bet before Saturday, most people would have said UGAg is probably the second best team in the league and would have a good shot at Bammer if they were to make the SECCG. Well, how did this lowly ACC pretender walk into their stadium and push them around for 3+ hours beating both them and their refs?

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
I heard it too. The comments on the ACC being weak after what happened Saturday was a joke. They might as well be arguing that the earth is flat.

Dave.S

Jolly Good Fellow
I was flipping around this afternoon and caught some of their crap. They are unprofessional SEC homers that like to get a rise out of Tech fans.

Both their teams crapped the bed, they don't know how to handle it and they have had an agenda against CPJ for a couple of years now. I just laugh it off and turn the dial, no need to let them get into your head.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I said this before rivalry weekend. Winning the games has little effect on the SEC narrative. If people were expecting wins over UGA or other ACC wins over SEC teams to change it at all then they were destined to be disappointed. You are right though. It really is bordering on a weird cult mentality at this point.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I about ran off the road laughing when Chernoff melted down when a called brought his lack of credibility, then Cheroff went way overboard to say they have a RADIO show for talking sports not getting hired elsewhere! :ROFLMAO:

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
It's funny how quickly the indoctrination happens, too. Last week I was at a friend's party and was talking football with an ATM fan, who was going on about how FSU hasn't beaten anybody and how every SEC game is just so tough they don't need strong OOC schedules. It's crazy, she was apparently a lifelong ATM fan but now is all-in on the hype train. Mizzou and ATM (neither of whom won jack in the Big12) have success 1st year in conference? Must be they got better cuz SEC

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
It's funny how quickly the indoctrination happens, too. Last week I was at a friend's party and was talking football with an ATM fan, who was going on about how FSU hasn't beaten anybody and how every SEC game is just so tough they don't need strong OOC schedules. It's crazy, she was apparently a lifelong ATM fan but now is all-in on the hype train. Mizzou and ATM (neither of whom won jack in the Big12) have success 1st year in conference? Must be they got better cuz SEC
I thought you were talking to my Aggie son until you said she.

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
So, I am listening to those two boobs on the way home today and I was astonished to hear them giving TECH some credit. But then, they went on to say that the ACC going 4-0 against the SEC didn't mean anything as far as the SEC being the dominant premier conference. "Doesn't mean a thing" they say.

I guess that leaves me wondering what could mean something? If winning games doesn't matter, what does?

Let me be clear, I don't think 4 consecutive games played on a single day makes up for a poor record in recent years, but it doesn't mean "nothing". Heck, if the Special ED Conference had won the games, it sure as heck fire would have been proof that the SEC is the best in their eyes.

I swear, SEC football has become a religious cult. There is no challenging it, regardless of on field results.

The SEC might still be the best conference in CFB, but the margin is nowhere close to where those knuckleheads think it is. In fact, I would call it razor thin. I will give them credit for this much unequivocally: they do the best job of putting butts in the seats and getting them stirred up. After that, it is pretty much a crapshoot.

I'll bet before Saturday, most people would have said UGAg is probably the second best team in the league and would have a good shot at Bammer if they were to make the SECCG. Well, how did this lowly ACC pretender walk into their stadium and push them around for 3+ hours beating both them and their refs?

This, this and this.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I will give them credit for this much unequivocally: they do the best job of putting butts in the seats and getting them stirred up.

Up until last year, three of the top four teams for several years running in terms of average annual attendance for home games were from the same league.

The Big 10.

Ohio State. Michigan. Penn State. The only team to break into that was Tennessee. Alabama may be up there now after expanding Bryant-Denny to 100k plus. SEC lovers can talk about the passion all they want. But the top three programs in terms of average annual attendance have not been from the SEC.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
Like CPJ said a few years ago in reference to the proclamation about "SEC Speed": If you say it enough then people will start to believe it. Shortly thereafter some numbers were posted from the NFL combine results establishing that the fastest twenty-something 40 yard times were achieved by kids that did NOT go to an SEC school. But the idea of SEC speed still carries the day in most conversations especially on ESPN.

Truittfields39

Georgia Tech Fan
They have had it out for CPJ and the Jackets since CPJ told chernoff off on live radio a few years ago! Idiots. Haven't listened to 680 in years because of those two pompous morons. Never have I heard guys with less football credentials act as if they were on par with Lombardi than these fools.