Choice and Burton meet the media

Techster

Helluva Engineer
That’s a good thing.

Always found it odd that people would worry that a coach would leave GT for greener pastures. IMO, it's WAY better than the opposite: a coach getting fired for losing too many games. If CGC is getting courted by the bluebloods or NFL (see Bobby Ross) it means he's winning at a high level. It also means he's leaving GT in a good position for the next coach.

If GT can get 5-8 years of success out of CGC, it would be an outstanding hire for GT. Gone are the days of coaches staying 10+ years at one place. Guys like CPJ staying a decade at one place is a rarity now.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
Bet you’re still married. Those kinds of choices set the table for long term happiness. Marrying a GT man comes with certain responsibilities, foremost among them is frequently patience before, during and after games.

When CPJ was first hired I taught my wife the ins-and-outs of the triple option - she didn't much care for it and was probably humoring me. She's pretty smart so she picked it up quickly even though she had never watched football before.

When CPJ retired she whiningly asked me, "Do I have a to learn a new offense?"

Yes. Yes, you do.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Tachards energy is kinetic. He’ll bring a lot of the Gailey & O’Leary guys back. Not to mention the A-Town swag will be back on the sidelines.

T.I. & Big Boi will be on the Flats next season. Being from the south side he’ll bring 2Chainz & Waka too. Maybe GT can borrow from the United in bringing celebrities on campus before kickoff.

Hopefully we aren’t still bringing in TI, Big Boi, and Waka. A lot of great young talent in rap is from Atlanta, those guys you mentioned are getting passed up by the like of Migos, Future, lil baby, young thug, gunna, 21 savage etc. But I do agree we should use that to our advantage.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully we aren’t still bringing in TI, Big Boi, and Waka. A lot of great young talent in rap is from Atlanta, those guys you mentioned are getting passed up by the like of Migos, Future, lil baby, young thug, gunna, 21 savage etc. But I do agree we should use that to our advantage.
Most other people don’t know the other dudes getting passed up though.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck

I'm not much of a rap guy so I don't know any of those newer guys you mentioned... but yeah, if we can get some familiar faces on the sidelines like you see with Matthew McConaughey at UT and Holyfield at ugag, and Luther Campbell at Miami (for better or worse), and get the program to be associated being "cool", then that will do wonders for recruiting.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I have no knowledge of this, but sounds like a helluva pep rally at bds

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
Just to have Tech's sidelines be a place "local" celebrities care to visit every now and then would be a positive. Doesn't have to be a bunch of the current chart topping rappers.

Formerly, elsewhere "GTjay"

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Just to have Tech's sidelines be a place "local" celebrities care to visit every now and then would be a positive. Doesn't have to be a bunch of the current chart topping rappers.

Formerly, elsewhere "GTjay"
Just making a point that it would help with recruiting. 16 year old kids don't listen to TI and Big Boi, but if we want to make the 40 year olds think they are doing something cool then go for it.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Just making a point that it would help with recruiting. 16 year old kids don't listen to TI and Big Boi, but if we want to make the 40 year olds think they are doing something cool then go for it.
Nothing makes you feel older than the fact Snoop can now join AARP