Chik-fil-a in 2017?

GTFLETCH

Banned
I will prep myself for two FCS games in 2017 that way if we get two G5 games in 2017....I will not be that upset... But it looks as if GT got the 2016 Dublin game as a result of not getting the 2017 Chic fil A opener....

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I will prep myself for two FCS games in 2017 that way if we get two G5 games in 2017....I will not be that upset... But it looks as if GT got the 2016 Dublin game as a result of not getting the 2017 Chic fil A opener....
2016 Dublin and 2017 Chic fil a are completely unrelated. Getting that game has zero bearing on whether we get this one.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

GTFLETCH

Banned
OK... SO the question is why haven't they announced the GT/Tenn match-up? What is the holdup? I can link a ton of articles from KS or CFT that report that it was almost in the bag.... something is not right, or it would have been announced already!

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
From what I understand the Falcons have the right to decide who plays the first football game in the new dome. So that means should Artie want that to be the Falcons then there could be a problem with Tech/Tenn.

I'm pretty sure that will be the Falcons. I assume they will have at least one pre-season game in the new dome in August.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Keep in mind the context of Stokan's comments was an interview during SEC Media Days...

"We've talked to Tennessee. We've talked to Georgia Tech. We've worked with (Tennessee athletic director) Dave Hart in the past. Hopefully we can get something together, whether it's Georgia Tech-Tennessee, or Tennessee against somebody else down the road. We'd love to have them in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game."

Future Tennessee-Georgia Tech game still in the works

GTFLETCH

Banned
Keep in mind the context of Stokan's comments was an interview during SEC Media Days...

"We've talked to Tennessee. We've talked to Georgia Tech. We've worked with (Tennessee athletic director) Dave Hart in the past. Hopefully we can get something together, whether it's Georgia Tech-Tennessee, or Tennessee against somebody else down the road. We'd love to have them in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game."

Future Tennessee-Georgia Tech game still in the works

Read the Link.... It is interesting to me that FSU and Bama came together with in 45 to 60 days and the GT/Tennessee rumor has been for 18 months... It appears it is dead or their is something stalling the agreement....Does not sound like a 2017 GT/TENN game is close to being official to me....

"We've talked to Tennessee. We've talked to Georgia Tech. We've worked with (Tennessee athletic director) Dave Hart in the past. Hopefully we can get something together, whether it's Georgia Tech-Tennessee, or Tennessee against somebody else down the road. We'd love to have them in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game." - Gary Stokan, the president and CEO of the Peach Bowl

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I hope we do not have two FCS or G5 games in 2017!!! What a shame!!! We have a scheduling problem!
Unless you are privy to the details, it's hard to throw blame around. There are plenty of scenarios where this is a potential bad deal for GT, assuming it's even GT holding up the deal.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Uh Oh! Gary Stokan weighing in. His "or another ACC team" bodes bad news for GT. Believe me, Stokan is public enemy #1 for GT. For years he has jerked Tech around talking about having them as a Chick fil a team in the Kick Off Classic, and it has never ocurred.Also, we never get any help from Swofford on this. Say what you like- Tech will not be in this game.