Chik-fil-a in 2017?

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
I gotta go to this. We need to make this a home game...will be very tough though especially with Tennessee's following.

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
BEIiBppCEAAoJ5G.jpg

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
We will be breaking in a new QB as well. Should be interesting to see where we are after the JT era..
Fun fact: so will Tennessee. Josh Dobbs is going into his junior year, same as JT. I have a feeling we'll be pretty well set up on offense to smoothly transition to a new QB as we will have a wealth of talented and experienced backs around whoever winds up in that spot, similar to the setup with JT last year.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
No way I'm waiting until 2017. I want my Chik-Fil-A right bloody now.

I have said for years that the secret ingredient in that chicken in Crack. If there was a dozen of those sandwiches in front of you, they were free and you could eat all you wanted - could you stop?

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
Just curious if anyone knows this information but let me give it a shot:

Will this game be part of the 2017 GT season package or does it have to be purchased seperately depending on whether GT is the Home or away team?;

Or is it marketed entirely independent of the participating schools and has to be purchased directly through the pre-season Chik Fil A Game site?

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
Just curious if anyone knows this information but let me give it a shot:

Will this game be part of the 2017 GT season package or does it have to be purchased seperately depending on whether GT is the Home or away team?;

Or is it marketed entirely independent of the participating schools and has to be purchased directly through the pre-season Chik Fil A Game site?
It will be independent, but maybe it will be an easy add-on to your season ticket package.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I have said for years that the secret ingredient in that chicken in Crack. If there was a dozen of those sandwiches in front of you, they were free and you could eat all you wanted - could you stop?
I worked there throughout college. There’s a point where you can stop. Now those breakfast minis on the other hand…

uptightjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
From what I understand the Falcons have the right to decide who plays the first football game in the new dome. So that means should Artie want that to be the Falcons then there could be a problem with Tech/Tenn.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Offensively, outside of QB, our skill positions should be pretty loaded. ABs, BBs, and WRs will be very talented and deep. Our OL should be pretty good as well. Lots of upper classmen at those positions. As of right now, it looks like Matthew Jordan will be our starting QB in 2017. He won't be the dynamic playmaker that JeT is, but I think he'll be a combination of Nesbitt's tough running, and Tevin's mastery of the offense...plus a stronger arm. Really liked what I saw on tape for MJ's passing...we'll see how he does the next couple of seasons. With the deep skill positions and the OL, MJ won't be asked to carry the offense...just take care of the ball. Anything above that from MJ will be gravy, but I think he does have the skillset to be more than just a "game manager".

Defensively, our Defensive Ends should be NASTY deep. Freeman, Simmons, Chungong, Saint-Amour should be the anchors in 2017. DL should at least be able to hold their own. LB and DB are more of a question. Like what I saw from some of the younger guys recruiting tape, but you never know until they start playing.

I think offensively we should still be very good. More questions marks on defense. I honestly think the year before in 2016 is setting up to be a once in a generation type year for GT (national title picture type year).

If Butch Jones is still there, Tennessee will still be good. Josh Dobbs will be gone, but Tennessee is loading up with a LOT of talent that will be playing the next two seasons before 2017.

Will be a very attractive game from a historical rival perspective (due to our SEC days), regional proximity, and two programs with an upward trajectory.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
From what I understand the Falcons have the right to decide who plays the first football game in the new dome. So that means should Artie want that to be the Falcons then there could be a problem with Tech/Tenn.
Mr blank is about making that money. If he can make money by letting the game be played first I think he would allow it.

bigtechfan67

Jolly Good Fellow
Btw wed and Sundays at the dwarf house all u can eat buffet, js.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Well they have only announced one game.... SO who knows, but it is odd that the first report of FSU vs Bama was 45 days ago and it is official and we have heard for the past 18 months about GT vs Tenn with nothing official...