Chick-fil-a bowl

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Games at LSU,Texas A&M,Arkansas,Oklahoma and Oklahoma State would be nice road trips also.
Lets go play tcu (dallas), u of h (houston), usf (tampa). They are winnable and would do home away. We really dont need to play osu and ou with uga, clem, mia on our schedule.
Plane tickets are fairly cheap (sw airlines). Plus there are a bunch of gt alumns in those cities and great schools h s - academic and football.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
*dont correct the glaring grammar flaw. Don’t correct the glaring grammar flaw*

I guess you’re right because I don’t understand the point of this. We played Tennessee in this game series last year. We had the same opportunity and actually were talked quite favorable about afterwards by the National CFB community.

Is your complaint that we’re not playing in it more often? Only Alabama and maybe FSU are. They haven’t invited Tenn back yet either.

So yea I only see this as a woe is me pity party post.
Hardly a pitiful me/us post. Never inferred that Tech should be scheduled more often. The point is: for the first time the CFA has scheduled 3 games around the same time, with 4 of those teams that have and will play Tech in the future. If you don't see that as an advantage in recruiting the Atlanta & Georgia area for them, you don't get it.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Hardly a pitiful me/us post. Never inferred that Tech should be scheduled more often. The point is: for the first time the CFA has scheduled 3 games around the same time, with 4 of those teams that have and will play Tech in the future. If you don't see that as an advantage in recruiting the Atlanta & Georgia area for them, you don't get it.
Give examples of how it’s a big advantage in recruiting?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Give examples of how it’s a big advantage in recruiting?

Since cfa is no big deal to u, the next time we play in c f a bowl , i will u trade my 40 yd west stand bds seats for the fcs ( alcorn , mercer, elon) game for your c f a seats.
i give my uga tickets to the gt recruiters, who say its a big deal to the h s coaches with whom our recruiters are building relationships. Should i sell them on stub hub and donate the f c s game.?

The big stage is a big deal to kids.

Does it do much to overcome our MAJOR recruiting deficits? Not really.

Unless we have 8 win season with some blowouts this year , we can forget c f a for a long long time. Not being considered for the c f a

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
We need an ACC B1G game one challenge. That would kick off the season nicely. B1G probably doesn’t have the balls to do it though.

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
Looking at the future schedule, I'm not seeing us play in this game for a while. We've basically got our 2 Power 5 games for the next 10ish years, unless someone ducks us (looking at you Ole Miss).

As for recruiting advantage, I think its more playing in a big game vs playing in ATL. Supposedly that was part of Mike London's pitch at UVA (and they got murdered 99% of the time).

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
As stated the earlier, GT and UGA don't do much for economic impact (hotels, restaurants, rental cars, etc). The city's contribution to the stadium comes from the hotel/motel tax, so it makes sense for all parties involved to find teams with fans who will come for 2-3 days.

There's not a lot of incentive for them to schedule GT and UGA, but they do it anyway from time to time. If you look at 2020 when UGA plays, they added a third game. Of the three games, there are 4 schools that would require an overnight stay (UNC, WV, UVA). Then you have FSU and Auburn, which are within reasonable driving distance and also have a sizable fan base in metro ATL.

I think it was reported a while back (or maybe on Stansbury podcast) that they had tried to schedule a one-off UGA-GT game that would not take a home game away from either school. GT was open to discussing it, UGA said no. Point being is that the organizers have tried to include GT-UGA against what might be in their own best interests beyond just selling out the stadium.

I don't follow recruiting very closely, but I assume the "advantage" is that you're telling a metro kid that you'll play a single game out of 48-50 near where they live? Seems like most of these schools that have played in the game (except Boise State) get signees out of Georgia anyway. Not sure that this would be a huge tipping point.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Since cfa is no big deal to u, the next time we play in c f a bowl , i will u trade my 40 yd west stand bds seats for the fcs ( alcorn , mercer, elon) game for your c f a seats.
i give my uga tickets to the gt recruiters, who say its a big deal to the h s coaches with whom our recruiters are building relationships. Should i sell them on stub hub and donate the f c s game.?

The big stage is a big deal to kids.

Does it do much to overcome our MAJOR recruiting deficits? Not really.

Unless we have 8 win season with some blowouts this year , we can forget c f a for a long long time. Not being considered for the c f a
Did my message say I didn’t care about that game? I think you might be reading into my message to much. I asked a serious question to the comment that was posted.