Chick-fil-a bowl

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Not much that we as Tech fans can do, but Chick fil a announced that in 2020 they will have Auburn vs NC, FSU vs West Virginia and as usual, ugag vs Virgina. Wow! just damn, 3 schools in the ACC plus our standard OOC school we play.All within 1 week in Tech's backyard. What a great recruiting opportunity for those schools while Tech keeps struggling to recruit in Atlanta.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Not much that we as Tech fans can do, but Chick fil a announced that in 2020 they will have Auburn vs NC, FSU vs West Virginia and as usual, ugag vs Virgina. Wow! just damn, 3 schools in the ACC plus our standard OOC school we play.All within 1 week in Tech's backyard. What a great recruiting opportunity for those schools while Tech keeps struggling to recruit in Atlanta.
Yeah there's not a thing that GT can do about that:rolleyes: Alabama plays Duke in 2019 in Mercedes-Benz Stadium which should be a 70-7 type game:rolleyes:

We really shouldn't have to fight too hard to beat out UVA in recruiting. Those other idiot schools are on a different, lower level than us so **** 'em.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
What annoys me is that they keep inviting pretty weak ACC programs to play pretty decent SEC programs. Only FSU is a good bet to win a game in the next couple of years in these matchups. Why not Clemson vs UGa, for example? Or UNC vs. Mississippi State?

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
With a response like that , I believe that this thread may be a little over you're head.
*dont correct the glaring grammar flaw. Don’t correct the glaring grammar flaw*

I guess you’re right because I don’t understand the point of this. We played Tennessee in this game series last year. We had the same opportunity and actually were talked quite favorable about afterwards by the National CFB community.

Is your complaint that we’re not playing in it more often? Only Alabama and maybe FSU are. They haven’t invited Tenn back yet either.

So yea I only see this as a woe is me pity party post.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
*dont correct the glaring grammar flaw. Don’t correct the glaring grammar flaw*

I guess you’re right because I don’t understand the point of this. We played Tennessee in this game series last year. We had the same opportunity and actually were talked quite favorable about afterwards by the National CFB community.

Is your complaint that we’re not playing in it more often? Only Alabama and maybe FSU are. They haven’t invited Tenn back yet either.

So yea I only see this as a woe is me pity party post.
From my point of view, we could resent the fact that UGa will have been there...what, 3 times...to our 1?

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck

I don’t see UNC or UVA getting a recruiting bump in Atlanta from getting drilled there. FSU, UGA, and Auburn don’t need any help there.

The worst part of this is that I doubt any of those games will be any good.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
I would rather play our games at Bobby Dodd Stadium.

Actually, I agree with this.

Then you missed-out. The buzz of attending last year’s Chick-fil-a Kickoff game felt like the excitement of a bowl game, but better. We got the chance to play a showcase ACC vs SEC matchup in a national spotlight at a state of the art stadium, with both fan bases energized full of pre-season clean-slate optimism, and it was held right in our own backyard! You can’t duplicate the value of that special atmosphere and value with a run-of-the-mill home game at BDS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
Then you missed-out. The buzz of attending last year’s Chick-fil-a Kickoff game felt like the excitement of a bowl game, but better. We got the chance to play a showcase ACC vs SEC matchup in a national spotlight at a state of the art stadium, with both fan bases energized full of pre-season clean-slate optimism, and it was held right in our own backyard! You can’t duplicate the value of that special atmosphere and value with a run-of-the-mill home game at BDS

All of this is exactly correct. It definitely is a preseason bowl game with all the hype that goes with it. We should be pushing to get into this as much as we can. Our Achilles heel is that we don't sell as many hotel rooms. Hopefully we have a chance in 2021 and beyond at getting in.

Alabama does seem to have a lockdown on being invited to this game. They bring hordes to Atlanta, and in turn get all the benefits of being in the capital of the South. I hope the next time we're invited we get to renew our series with Auburn or Bama. Getting Tennessee was awesome, even if the result was disappointing.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer

I was there. I hated the stadium. I hated the result. I hated the exit system. I hated the audio system. Otherwise, yeah, it was great.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Well, it seems like a situation we do not have a lot of control over, so no need to worry about it.

What we might have a little control over is who we schedule that day.

If we can't play a real game here, I would love to see us go on the road to nebraska, texas, ucla, mich st, Penn st or some schools like that.

If it is some recruiting advantage for schools coming here to play, why would it not do the same for us going to other places?

And don't for one second think that schools, such as those listed, would be "afraid" to play us.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Well, it seems like a situation we do not have a lot of control over, so no need to worry about it.

What we might have a little control over is who we schedule that day.

If we can't play a real game here, I would love to see us go on the road to nebraska, texas, ucla, mich st, Penn st or some schools like that.

If it is some recruiting advantage for schools coming here to play, why would it not do the same for us going to other places?

And don't for one second think that schools, such as those listed, would be "afraid" to play us.
Games at LSU,Texas A&M,Arkansas,Oklahoma and Oklahoma State would be nice road trips also.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I was there. I hated the stadium. I hated the result. I hated the exit system. I hated the audio system. Otherwise, yeah, it was great.
the benz has bad audio, good sight lines, and u are TWICE AS FAR FROM THE FIELD AS BDS. Sure was rocking for the Tennesse game. I bet the memories would have been much better if QB had pitched the ball.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Why complain? It is what it is. Deal with it.