Charlotte questions?

LarryMunson

Jolly Good Fellow
Is there a list of hotels to check out. I haven't gotten around to making a reservation yet.
Try the hotel tonight or room 77 apps.

Carowinds area has a few one star hotels.

Arrowood road has several hotels, dicey to the east.

Rock Hill sc has several hotels

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
When I went in 2012, there were groups of FSU fans who took a hotel shuttle over to the transit station. However, the game gets over so late that the hotel would not send the shuttle to pick them up for the return trip to the hotel. Something to keep in mind.

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
Hmm I guess it is with the K.

Most of their sandwiches and entrees are named after sports teams so you order the Yellow Jacket for good luck. My favorite is the Wolfpack though…
I'll give it a try. I'll be in Charlotte next week for business reasons.

DuckGT

Ramblin' Wreck
Have been to the Epicenter and its a good spot for bars, but the restaurants were overpriced and not that great. How bout any good local restaurants in the Center City/Uptown area?

UgagSucks

Jolly Good Fellow
Does anyone know of a good tailgating spot in Charlotte for the ACC Championship game?? Thanks in advance!

GTMom

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm staying at the Marriott Courtyard in Matthews. Do you know if the train system goes to the stadium?

LarryMunson

Jolly Good Fellow
The train goes near the stadium but you're nowhere near a train stop.

The good news is that you're close to Beer Temple in Matthews.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
If you're looking to stay downtown, try Hotwire. There's not many bad places in that area, so you know you're getting a decent place within walking distance

LarryMunson

Jolly Good Fellow
There's a Krispy Kreme on independence and a great Phò place in the Super G shopping center. 74 is a quick shot into the city. You're in good shape.