Charleston Southern, 7 PM, ACC Network (and McCamish!)

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Great game. When we started out 16-2, I didn't think it'd be that close. They shot the 3's a lot better than they usually do and most were 20+ ft.

There is absolutely no comparison between this team and the first two Pastner years with motion and skill. Guy is a coach!

Recorded game and caught up by end. Missed those tremendous commercials.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Good win with Devoe out and Usher playing sick (both meanings of the word there 👏). Refs were horrible and missed 5 hooks by their big man to give them easy buckets.

Shoutout to Saba and Kelly too. Those guys played great, under the radar games.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Overall this game pretty much just continues the story so far to me. Offense looked good overall. Ush played great. Several guys stepped up when needed. Defense is still lacking. Refs still
We foul a lot, but the refs called a few bogus fouls on our bigs. They called one on Saba when he went vertical and the guy jumped into him. I don’t know what else he could have done on that play.

gt24

Jolly Good Fellow
friday NOON tipoff. as a fan, i love it. as a player, idk.
fingers crossed for wiley and babul. or really anyone other than dan bonner. except billy packer. never billy packer.

Kmag

Jolly Good Fellow
Good overall game, especially when you consider we were missing Devoe. Impressive that Ush and smith were sick and Ush scored an ATH with the flu! I’m still not sure how we are going to do in the ACC with our defense and big men. But it is encouraging to watch Howard improve and Saba getting there. Go jackets!!!

joehamiltonfan14

Jolly Good Fellow
It got a bit dicey in the second half, but glad we got the win.

I too am concerned about the defense. It’s been a pattern this year so far

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Great job of Usher stepping up. Not only in performance, but in playing when not fully 100%. I would say he was about 75% tonight, but that was good enough for him to score his career high. On top of that, he grabbed 10 rebounds and had 3 assists. Usher is really blossoming into a complete basketball player.

Both Usher and Smith looked like they were battling. Smith was really struggling towards the end.

Our 5's played a good game. Combined for 18/9/6. I'll take that every night from Saba and Howard. Saba showed growth in this game, which bodes well for games down the road. Howard is becoming a steady producer for us. Not spectacular yet like Lammers/Banks/Wright, but he playing better and better every game. Games like the ones the aforementioned GT 5's will come...and Saba is beginning to show flashes of becoming a very nice piece that Pastner and Reveno can depend on to contribute.

Kelly played a solid game. Made some questionable decisions, but as a true freshmen, you live with them.

Sturdivant playing like we knew he could. It's important that he continues to improve because we can be such a good team if our PGs make the other teams fear them with Devoe and Usher.

4 guys in double figures, and a couple of guys not too far from getting us to 6 players with double figures. Maybe we look at this game down the road as the game where role players developed some confidence to step up when our best player was out. This only helps us as the season progresses.

Looks like the bug is going through our team. Luckily we have some time before Wisconsin, and our bench is deeper than last season.

Hjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Usher was clearly sick. Shivering and gasping for air at times. He is a hero to have played as he did. With no rim protection, the offense will have to carry us. And, Miles Kelly was really good tonight. Very encouraged. Debo couldn’t hit a three and struggled. Point guard play was better but still need more from those guys. Too many bad decisions.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Great job of Usher stepping up. Not only in performance, but in playing when not fully 100%. I would say he was about 75% tonight, but that was good enough for him to score his career high. On top of that, he grabbed 10 rebounds and had 3 assists. Usher is really blossoming into a complete basketball player.

Both Usher and Smith looked like they were battling. Smith was really struggling towards the end.

Our 5's played a good game. Combined for 18/9/6. I'll take that every night from Saba and Howard. Saba showed growth in this game, which bodes well for games down the road. Howard is becoming a steady producer for us. Not spectacular yet like Lammers/Banks/Wright, but he playing better and better every game. Games like the ones the aforementioned GT 5's will come...and Saba is beginning to show flashes of becoming a very nice piece that Pastner and Reveno can depend on to contribute.

Kelly played a solid game. Made some questionable decisions, but as a true freshmen, you live with them.

Sturdivant playing like we knew he could. It's important that he continues to improve because we can be such a good team if our PGs make the other teams fear them with Devoe and Usher.

4 guys in double figures, and a couple of guys not too far from getting us to 6 players with double figures. Maybe we look at this game down the road as the game where role players developed some confidence to step up when our best player was out. This only helps us as the season progresses.

Looks like the bug is going through our team. Luckily we have some time before Wisconsin, and our bench is deeper than last season.
Yes, Pastner stated that not only is the flu running through the MBB, but it is running through the whole campus. He said the football team had been dealing with it and is still dealing with it this week. That would explain some of the sluggish performances by our other teams. That said, Smith and Usher were warriors tonight. The whole team stepped up tonight.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Going to be interesting to see what Pastner does when Bubba comes back and how long it takes Bubba to get into game shape.
He played alot of minutes last season. He good for a couple of baskets, really solid ballhandling (was almost 3-1 A:TO for the season and better than 2-1 in ACC play) and is a pesky defender.
This team could really use his ballhandling and defense.

Miles and Coleman are going to be up and down as FR, but I really like their long term potential.
You can see Howard getting better. He is not having a big breakout like Lammers or Moses so far, but there is steady progress.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Usher literally shivering on the bench right now
Glad he found the warmth on the floor. I haven’t enjoyed watching a GT player this much since Ish to the hole. Ush is like a damn tank destroying the countryside when he’s on the floor. You can just tell when he’s about the unleash himself on somebody. There’s gonna be a body on the floor If they don’t get out of the way.