Charles Kelly to Tennessee

GTFLETCH

Banned
There is a good chance that Jeremy Pruitt could wind up being Nick Saban's replacement at Alabama when Nick decides to retire. If Tennessee is winning 9-10 games if and when he leaves, it wont be hard for Tennessee to hire a top shelf replacement.
Really... I see Dabo as Nick's replacement.

Scubapro

Banned
Just don't see him going anywhere, he can get anything he wants at Clemson.
Yeah...he is LOVED at Clemson. Why would he leave that just to be in the shadow of the Bear and Satan. Bammer is like Kentucky in Basketball. Either you win a national championship or you are a chump that should be shown the door.

Milwaukee

Banned
Yeah...he is LOVED at Clemson. Why would he leave that just to be in the shadow of the Bear and Satan. Bammer is like Kentucky in Basketball. Either you win a national championship or you are a chump that should be shown the door.

1 - he loves Bama, it's his dream job

2 - some people like accepting those types of challenges (he may be that type, I'm not sure)

Scubapro

Banned

2 - some people like accepting those types of challenges (he may be that type, I'm not sure)
Maybe...its hard to tell when home comes calling BUT he can be the legend at Clemson in 10-15 years or be that other guy at Bama. IMO Little Nicky Saban knows he cant leave Bammer until he has at least one and maybe two more championships than Bear. Whoever follows Saban will have to repeat the feat. I think Dabo is more interested in building his legacy than trying to top a predecessor.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

Are you talking about Swinney? I just want to be sure, because nothing is further from the truth. He has his dream job, built from scratch, an appreciative and supportive administration, all the way to the school president, great boosters club, a national recruiting footprint, and a fan base that loves him. Alabama may be in the playoffs every year, but then Clemson is not doing bad, is it? He is creating his own empire and legend in the Upstate, with a culture that is 180 degrees opposed to the oppressive Tuscaloosa regime. (Saban is no more fun than he looks to be on the sideline.) It's true he and his wife love Alabama, and help raise money for academics. But they are Clemson, and their three boys are Clemson through and through. Besides all that the school president has already said that they won't lose a money battle. (Besides, people forget Alabama already fired him once.)

Milwaukee

Banned
Are you talking about Swinney? I just want to be sure, because nothing is further from the truth. He has his dream job, built from scratch, an appreciative and supportive administration, all the way to the school president, great boosters club, a national recruiting footprint, and a fan base that loves him. Alabama may be in the playoffs every year, but then Clemson is not doing bad, is it? He is creating his own empire and legend in the Upstate, with a culture that is 180 degrees opposed to the oppressive Tuscaloosa regime. (Saban is no more fun than he looks to be on the sideline.) It's true he and his wife love Alabama, and help raise money for academics. But they are Clemson, and their three boys are Clemson through and through. Besides all that the school president has already said that they won't lose a money battle. (Besides, people forget Alabama already fired him once.)

Yes, I'm talking about Swinney.

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm a little surprised that the holier than though contingent of Tennessee didn't start bringing up some of Pruitt's past....rumors are similar to Bobby Petrino.

Swinney leaving Clemson (imo) would be similar to Roy Williams leaving Kansas. But I don't see it happening. Too many distractions at Bama. Clemson is rabid, but not Bama rabid.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I'm a little surprised that the holier than though contingent of Tennessee didn't start bringing up some of Pruitt's past....rumors are similar to Bobby Petrino.

Swinney leaving Clemson (imo) would be similar to Roy Williams leaving Kansas. But I don't see it happening. Too many distractions at Bama. Clemson is rabid, but not Bama rabid.
A lot of Tennessee fans are pissed off that he's still with the Alabama coaching staff. It hasn't hurt his recruiting which could result in a Top 10 recruiting class in 2018 for Tennessee.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Pruitt will run off assistants, mark my words. I know people who know coaches who have coached with him. He's smart but he has no people skills. He is a bully to those he works with and is not pleasant to be around.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Pruitt will run off assistants, mark my words. I know people who know coaches who have coached with him. He's smart but he has no people skills. He is a bully to those he works with and is not pleasant to be around.
He sounds like former UT head coach Johnny Majors;) I've read rumors that he talked badly to UGAG signee OL Cade Mays(who was all in for Butch Jones) when he turned down his attempt to get him to come to Tennessee and Pruitt lost his temper:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
You just described the Alabama coaching staff atmosphere.
He sounds like former UT head coach Johnny Majors;) I've read rumors that he talked badly to UGAG signee OL Cade Mays(who was all in for Butch Jones) when he turned down his attempt to get him to come to Tennessee and Pruitt lost his temper:rolleyes:
I don't know about Mays, in the sense of contributions at Georgia. I was struck that he kept everybody waiting on his signing until the 20th, when Clemson swooped down into OSU territory and picked off that consensus best OT in the country from right next door. Early that afternoon Mays took Georgia rather than compete at Clemson, though Clemson was still plugging.