CGC reminds him of Butch Jones

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I didn't want to open a new thread to make this post, especially since it sorta falls in line with the past couple of posts, but here is Bradley's latest take on the situation. I know lots of people hate Bradley, but I personally think this is a fair and good article ---
https://www.ajc.com/blog/mark-bradl...-johnson-collins-tech/TIZ9lTAcIVHTc7WiI9nDFO/
Bradley can still eabod. Every writer out there that has to qualify our 2009 acc championship with it later being forfeited, as if we cheated to win the game, can eabod.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I didn't want to open a new thread to make this post, especially since it sorta falls in line with the past couple of posts, but here is Bradley's latest take on the situation. I know lots of people hate Bradley, but I personally think this is a fair and good article ---
https://www.ajc.com/blog/mark-bradl...-johnson-collins-tech/TIZ9lTAcIVHTc7WiI9nDFO/
I had the same name pop into my head during CGC opening press conference. I have a bad feeling about this, but I guess we are about to find out.

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow

Like a broken record. Write something contrarian to seem like the smart guy in the room... which is also the reason he claims to have started to like Paul Johnson in the end. He makes the comparison to Butch Jones but gives enough outs so that if CGC doesn't turn out to be like Butch Jones, he didn't predict it. Just a stupid article in general IMO... a whole lot of words with no actual conviction.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
Like a broken record. Write something contrarian to seem like the smart guy in the room... which is also the reason he claims to have started to like Paul Johnson in the end. He makes the comparison to Butch Jones but gives enough outs so that if CGC doesn't turn out to be like Butch Jones, he didn't predict it. Just a stupid article in general IMO... a whole lot of words with no actual conviction.

Saw article earlier and was about to read it as it looked related to Tech, saw it was by Mark Bradley so I didn’t read, don’t want to read anything he touches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck

excellent review. This is Bark Madley garbage and nothing else.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Exactly. Just make a f*ing prediction and stand by it...right or wrong. He rarely does that. And usually it’s been one that is incredibly safe. I do seem to recall the time he said we wouldn’t beat uGA for something like 5 years and we beat them later that year. Could be misremembering, but I take note of stupid stuff that moron writes for some reason

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Exactly. Just make a f*ing prediction and stand by it...right or wrong. He rarely does that. And usually it’s been one that is incredibly safe. I do seem to recall the time he said we wouldn’t beat uGA for something like 5 years and we beat them later that year. Could be misremembering, but I take note of stupid stuff that moron writes for some reason

You must know everything he's ever written.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
outside of the butch jones comparison, this article reads like any of our 40 page threads going on and on about johnson vs collins, recruiting vs not, system vs non unique system.

Much ado about nothing. Another article reflective of alot of this boards discussion. ...we have many posters who say the same about collins and johnson...outside again of saying its like butch jones (which it isn't at all so epic fail)

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Here’s Butch Jones’s record as head coach at Tennessee, for what it’s worth (if any):

2013-2017 (5 years)

2013: 5-7 (2-6 SEC)
2014: 7-6 (3-5 SEC)
2015: 9-4 (5-3 SEC)
2016: 9-4 (4-4 SEC)
2017: 4-6 (0-6 SEC)

TOTAL: 34-27 (14-24 SEC)

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Here’s Butch Jones’s record as head coach at Tennessee, for what it’s worth (if any):

2013-2017 (5 years)

2013: 5-7 (2-6 SEC)
2014: 7-6 (3-5 SEC)
2015: 9-4 (5-3 SEC)
2016: 9-4 (4-4 SEC)
2017: 4-6 (0-6 SEC)

TOTAL: 34-27 (14-24 SEC)

Butch played band, not football. Tried to run a MAC offense in the SEC, and destroyed team dynamics by being petty and authoritarian.

Bradley’s comments I’m sure around Butch’s huckster persona ... which everyone hated.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Well, I am not a huge fan of Bradley, but it is strange that I told people I work with (in AL) that I thought Collins would go the way of either:

Matt Campbell - Iowa St. coach that is having tremendous success (No, I am not comparing ISU to GT for football history, only his success) OR

OR

Butch Jones - lots of talk and glamour and bravado, but fizzle out.

That is very strange, because before this article, I had seen no one else make this possible comparison. FYI - I am optimistic that we will have tremendous success given CGC has some initial success to build upon and keep the momentum going. But, let's face it, we have no idea how this will play out for sure. It should be very, very interesting.