CGC on Marty Smith's America the Podcast

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Can you be more specific as to what he says? I'm not going to lie. I can't stand the Marty Smith guy, so the more detailed the better.
Discussion points:

- Collins loves his players. About 10 minutes of this.
- What Collins learned from other coaches (Saban, Gailey, others). Pretty generic answers.
- Some discussion of Collins as a player.
- He was asked about what he faced when he came here. He has a pretty safe answer for that now.
- Discussion about how much Collins loves Atlanta and his upbringing here.
- Lots of positivity throughout.

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Anything new or just the same things he always says in interviews?

Definitely worth a listen. A good amount of new information. Marty Smith gave a very good interview bringing out a lot that you do not ordinarily hear from our local scribes (???). I'm glad I listened. I initially certainly had respect for him but thought he may be a little bit of a "tin salesman". But no. He is genuine. He is a fireball and I feel certain he will go a long ways in bringing tremendous enthusiasm and energy from the whole program. Be sure to listen to the whole GT bit at the end.

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Anything about the greatest transition in history?
Or playing at a high level?
If not, not listening. :)

He handled that very well. He gave much respect to CPJ and his system. He was very strong in saying that the rebuild is to change to a new, very different system. It is no better or worse, but just different. He has very much love, respect and thankfulness for the upperclassmen (from the CPJ era) who are helping to implement the new system.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Discussion points:

- Collins loves his players. About 10 minutes of this.
- What Collins learned from other coaches (Saban, Gailey, others). Pretty generic answers.
- Some discussion of Collins as a player.
- He was asked about what he faced when he came here. He has a pretty safe answer for that now.
- Discussion about how much Collins loves Atlanta and his upbringing here.
- Lots of positivity throughout.
Ah, if only that were enough. It takes more then that. A lot more. We'll see soon enough if Collins has the rest of the package.

Mattmc10

Jolly Good Fellow
“Terrible interview….too much positivity.” I genuinely don’t understand, do you want more negativity?
That part was sarcasm. He goes to call out posters on here who say Collins is only positive and looking for an interview where he is negative.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Ah, if only that were enough. It takes more then that. A lot more. We'll see soon enough if Collins has the rest of the package.
Brilliant! No one has said that before anywhere! What an insightful comment! Jeez man. It’s a great interview that paints Tech and Collins in a positive light to a national audience. Can’t you just enjoy it on its own?

Last edited: