CGC on 680 this AM

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
I keep seeing this thread and thinking Collins has gone on 680 again

I'm sure he will at some point in the next two weeks to discuss spring practice and the spring game. Here is a quick summary of what he will say:

"..... we are elite in everything we do......defense is getting real pressure on the quarterbacks this spring.....elite effort by Coach Thacker.....I couldn't be prouder of him........offensive line has been amazing.....elite effort there and no one is getting close to the quarterback.....I went to Waffle House this morning and got a Diet Coke, see my cup.......special teams has been just that, special....reminding me of the elite effort of people like Harrison Butker, a Super Bowl Champion...... you know, I recruited him when he was at Westminster and I was one of the elite defensive minds in college football......and thanks again to all of the fans, the ones who mean so much to me and all of the players, for showing up big on a Thursday night on St. Patrick's Day, really the best day and time ever for a spring game, all 63 of them who showed up and the 17 students who stayed to watch the game rather than go on spring break....what an elite effort by the ones who pay my salary and mean so much to me......I want them to know, and I am talking directly to them right now, that our goal is to be better than we were last year, so if we can get to 4 wins, we will consider than an elite effort and if we can continue that pace, we will be back to bowl eligibility by 2026 or 2027 at which time all of the former administration's players will be out of the program and we can really focus being even more elite than those old teams running that high school offense......so before I leave, and I hate to do it because my focus is really on an elite level of improvement because that is what we do in this program, repeat the word elite over and over again and see if it sticks, I have to say #404, #404Takeover, #EliteInEverythingWeDo......Thanks guy, love you"

:);)

They're just jokes people. Just jokes.....

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm sure he will at some point in the next two weeks to discuss spring practice and the spring game. Here is a quick summary of what he will say:

"..... we are elite in everything we do......defense is getting real pressure on the quarterbacks this spring.....elite effort by Coach Thacker.....I couldn't be prouder of him........offensive line has been amazing.....elite effort there and no one is getting close to the quarterback.....I went to Waffle House this morning and got a Diet Coke, see my cup.......special teams has been just that, special....reminding me of the elite effort of people like Harrison Butker, a Super Bowl Champion...... you know, I recruited him when he was at Westminster and I was one of the elite defensive minds in college football......and thanks again to all of the fans, the ones who mean so much to me and all of the players, for showing up big on a Thursday night on St. Patrick's Day, really the best day and time ever for a spring game, all 63 of them who showed up and the 17 students who stayed to watch the game rather than go on spring break....what an elite effort by the ones who pay my salary and mean so much to me......I want them to know, and I am talking directly to them right now, that our goal is to be better than we were last year, so if we can get to 4 wins, we will consider than an elite effort and if we can continue that pace, we will be back to bowl eligibility by 2026 or 2027 at which time all of the former administration's players will be out of the program and we can really focus being even more elite than those old teams running that high school offense......so before I leave, and I hate to do it because my focus is really on an elite level of improvement because that is what we do in this program, repeat the word elite over and over again and see if it sticks, I have to say #404, #404Takeover, #EliteInEverythingWeDo......Thanks guy, love you"

:);)

They're just jokes people. Just jokes.....
If we get to 4 wins at any point this year, the amount of times we hear specifically about a 33% improvement will be unbelievably elite.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
To many of us, this is exactly what his interviews and press conferences sound like. Sad. :gt::buzz:;)

Alright, Forensic, tell me how bad a fan I am..... :LOL:
Tell me how anything you said was productive or moved our program forward in any way. Think about what you say and how it might affect other fans in the forum who may not be as down on the program as you are. It's one thing to express a negative feeling about something, but when you continuously pound on the same point, it reflects more on you than on what you're denigrating. Yes, that goes for me too. The point I continuously pound on is that there's nothing productive about tearing down the program or those associated with the program.

Whether you're a good fan or a bad fan is subjective.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Tell me how anything you said was productive or moved our program forward in any way. Think about what you say and how it might affect other fans in the forum who may not be as down on the program as you are. It's one thing to express a negative feeling about something, but when you continuously pound on the same point, it reflects more on you than on what you're denigrating. Yes, that goes for me too. The point I continuously pound on is that there's nothing productive about tearing down the program or those associated with the program.

I see it as comic relief to what is going on with our football program. Is it productive? Probably not. Is what is going on with our program productive right now? No. If you can't laugh at what's going on, all you can do is be angry or cry. I prefer to use humor.

But as always, I appreciate your input from the other side of the fence.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I see it as comic relief to what is going on with our football program. Is it productive? Probably not. Is what is going on with our program productive right now? No. If you can't laugh at what's going on, all you can do is be angry or cry. I prefer to use humor.

I understand. I'm at the point now when I see certain types of posts, I just skip to the next.

...well, unless bourbon is involved, and then I might get a little indignant.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer

You know, I had been getting a bit annoyed at some of the more repetitive posts denigrating our coach/program, but you make a good point. Going forward I'm going to try and view these posts as "gallows humor". :D

swampsting

Helluva Engineer

Just because we're a laughing stock doesn't give me cause for humor.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

Zzzzzzzzz.......

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
The math never stops. The department changes, though.
DiffyQ's was the 3rd quarter sophomore year and Thermo was 1st quarter Junior year. So, yeah, the math never stopped. Got to use all that calculus deriving Gibbs Free Energy equations, enthalpy and entropy, and generating binary and tertiary phase diagrams. Such fun.

In the 32 years since I took that class, I've used some of the concepts, but that's what computers are for. That's like trying to derive J-integrals for elastic-plastic fracture mechanics by hand. Why would anyone do that?