CGC on 680 this AM

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Is waiting until after signing day an issue for anyone?
That is the best way to handle it. Pretty much figure most of the current staff won't be around after their contracts are completed around June. I suspect CAM will be one of the few coaches that will be kept on board.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Just listened now, but it sounds like he does want to run multiple schemes and has some coaches in mind.

If we can keep the off. same personnel on the field and jump in and out of shotgun/RPO and the flex-bone effectivly next season it is going to drive the other teams DC insane. I think it would make a TON of sense to keep Coach Cook on board in some capacity if this is the plan.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Early signing day is next week, then there is a second signing day during the first Wednesday of February. Most players are now signing in December. That was a great interview. I like his idea of playing players at different positions even during games. This was a great hire.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
No, the early signing day on Dec 19. He said something about naming some of his staff the day after.

Did Coach Collins say “... early signing day” in his interview linked above?

When I asked my question, I was actually thinking about the official final signing day when players sign their LOIs (letters of intent).

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Did Coach Collins say “... early signing day” in his interview linked above?

When I asked my question, I was actually thinking about the official final signing day when players sign their LOIs (letters of intent).
Huh? So, they don't sign their LOIs on the 19th?

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
If we can keep the off. same personnel on the field and jump in and out of shotgun/RPO and the flex-bone effectivly next season it is going to drive the other teams DC insane. I think it would make a TON of sense to keep Coach Cook on board in some capacity if this is the plan.
I've seen Coach Cook mentioned a few times over the last month or so. Coach Cook is not on staff at GT. He left after 2015 I believe to be the OC at GSU. He hasn't been here for 3'ish years. Coach Candeto took his place as QB/BB coach.

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff
I've seen Coach Cook mentioned a few times over the last month or so. Coach Cook is not on staff at GT. He left after 2015 I believe to be the OC at GSU. He hasn't been here for 3'ish years. Coach Candeto took his place as QB/BB coach.
He was not retained by Coach Chad Lunsford after the previous head coach was fired, and came back to be a defensive quality control analyst for Georgia Tech

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...gia-tech-analyst-role/5TAGmRURFEGE5g33Zy6WJK/
http://ramblinwreck.com/staff/bryan-cook/

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Temples OC had a difficult time with QB’s and injuries to running backs so it’s not all on him concerning the offensive difficulties. Both years they started slow but finished strong.

GT is stocked at every position except TE. There is talent on the roster and if this class comes strong then they’ll be more talent coming particularly at the skills position.

As long as it’s a run heavy approach the offense should be fine.

https://247sports.com/college/templ...ive-expectations-heading-into-2018-120988355/