CGC Mind Games

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Return with us now to those storied days of yesteryear! (William Tell overture in the background) The Lone Ranger rides again!

Back in the '30s there was a running national radio feud between FDR and Huey Long. The Kingfish had gone on his radio show (yep, he was ahead of the curve, as usual) and had said that the only way to eat cornbread with pot likker was by dipping. FDR, not to be out done, immediately went on the national networks and said that Huey was wrong: the only way was to crumble your cornbread into the pot likker and spoon it out. Both men had successive shows where they brought in "expert consultants" (i.e. folks they knew in Louisiana and Georgia) to support their side. The country got a big kick out of this, though both men finally conceded that there was no way to settle the argument. Btw, I'm with FDR, especially if it's crackling cornbread.

This whole business is like that and will have about as much final influence on our respective football fortunes. But I guess Coach enjoys it and it does create some media opportunities. I'd watch my diet otherwise, if I was him, however.

Return with us now to those storied days of yesteryear! (William Tell overture in the background) The Lone Ranger rides again!

Back in the '30s there was a running national radio feud between FDR and Huey Long. The Kingfish had gone on his radio show (yep, he was ahead of the curve, as usual) and had said that the only way to eat cornbread with pot likker was by dipping. FDR, not to be out done, immediately went on the national networks and said that Huey was wrong: the only way was to crumble your cornbread into the pot likker and spoon it out. Both men had successive shows where they brought in "expert consultants" (i.e. folks they knew in Louisiana and Georgia) to support their side. The country got a big kick out of this, though both men finally conceded that there was no way to settle the argument. Btw, I'm with FDR, especially if it's crackling cornbread.

This whole business is like that and will have about as much final influence on our respective football fortunes. But I guess Coach enjoys it and it does create some media opportunities. I'd watch my diet otherwise, if I was him, however.
Although I haven't had cornbread and pot likker since I was a kid, my family were "dippers"....LOL And I agree with you about it needing to be crackling cornbread.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
fn a ....let rural gawgia have ugag. we can become atlanta`s team and still get a good % from georgia. imo. cgc may have awakened a sleeping giant
It’s still very early to tell, but if it were to come true then Tech is already on the right track.

I wondered if this was possible when he was hired.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
fn a ....let rural gawgia have ugag. we can become atlanta`s team and still get a good % from georgia. imo. cgc may have awakened a sleeping giant
Back in the day Tech had an Atlanta identity and country kids wanted to go to "the big city." Guys in the country who were mechanically inclined naturally pulled for Tech.

First we take Atlanta.