CGC Mind Games

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
This was posted in another thread, and I thought it was brilliant example of getting in an opponent's head.

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/georgia-football-kirby-smart-georgia-tech-waffle-house

As others pointed out, it's a ridiculous argument that WH should be aligned with UGA, but I'm wondering if Collins may have found the holy grail of attracting sidewalk fans?

With the Waffle House campaign, recruiting billboards and Super Bowl media blitz, I've had more dawg friends of mine make semi-nervous comments about Georgia Tech. The verdict on the field is still many months away, but there's some definite consternation that we're a real rival off the field for hearts and minds.

jatchet

Jolly Good Fellow
I love that this writer is splitting hairs trying to reassure himself that Kirby is the better recruiter. Congrats, in three years you out recruited a guy who had two months. Do U(sic)GA fans really read this trash? Can't tell if he's got the fear, the dumb, or both.

"For all the Waffle House touting since Collins took over, Georgia Tech landed just one 4-star prospect in its 2019 class. Since Collins was hired on Dec. 13, Georgia football landed two more 5-star prospects in Nakobe Dean and George Pickens."

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I love that this writer is splitting hairs trying to reassure himself that Kirby is the better recruiter. Congrats, in three years you out recruited a guy who had two months. Do U(sic)GA fans really read this trash? Can't tell if he's got the fear, the dumb, or both.

"For all the Waffle House touting since Collins took over, Georgia Tech landed just one 4-star prospect in its 2019 class. Since Collins was hired on Dec. 13, Georgia football landed two more 5-star prospects in Nakobe Dean and George Pickens."

So Yates doesn’t count as a 4*?

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
So what am I missing ? I read nothing that would lead me to believe uga has any ties to Waffle House other than...they’re in the state of Georgia? The writer never hit a solid point lol.

I have literally never heard any concern about WaHo from any uga people until just a second ago.

Take back Waffle House? When did anyone ever endorse it publicly?

And they failed to mention that the CEO is a Tech man....

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
So what am I missing ? I read nothing that would lead me to believe uga has any ties to Waffle House other than...they’re in the state of Georgia? The writer never hit a solid point lol.

I have literally never heard any concern about WaHo from any uga people until just a second ago.

Take back Waffle House? When did anyone ever endorse it publicly?

And they failed to mention that the CEO is a Tech man....

When you are the State University, and you’ve pretty much controlled local govt and the media narrative, you believe you are rightfully entitled to things.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
When you are the State University, and you’ve pretty much controlled local govt and the media narrative, you believe you are rightfully entitled to things.
Entitled to EVERYTHING is how they so arrogantly feel. There was an SB contest a few years ago in which fans voted for their favorite fast food joints. Each fast food joint represented a football conference. Which ever fast food joints got the most votes in bracketed single elimination advanced toward the final and so forth.

The SEC won.

All the most popular fast food places which were connected to the SEC were either started by or run by Tech alumni, or they were headquartered in Atlanta.

Some of us complained to the SB Nation head honchos and they responded that it was just a game. When folks act privileged they never see it that way. (n)

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Man I knew Georgia fans were spoiled but this is just pathetic! This is like if Georgia Southern and Zaxby’s started doing promotions and we complained that we should be the ones getting Zaxby’s promotions because there’s a Zaxby’s in Atlanta. Geez! Just because the new governor is a Georgia grad doesn’t mean uga owns the state of Georgia now. Y’all think they’ll get upset that there’s no WaHo in the country of Georgia because they think they own that too?

Man I knew Georgia fans were spoiled but this is just pathetic! This is like if Georgia Southern and Zaxby’s started doing promotions and we complained that we should be the ones getting Zaxby’s promotions because there’s a Zaxby’s in Atlanta. Geez! Just because the new governor is a Georgia grad doesn’t mean uga owns the state of Georgia now. Y’all think they’ll get upset that there’s no WaHo in the country of Georgia because they think they own that too?
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: