CGC/Dabo Post Game Pressers

Scubapro

Banned
This Saturday we will find out UNC I think has the best offense we will see this year.
This week will tell us about the mental toughness of this team and staff. Coming off a tough loss after intense preparation is never easy for even some of the best teams. As the old saying goes, Don't let the same team beat you two weeks in a row.
UNC will test our Defense like Clemson tested our offense. Hopefully our O is battle hardened because they will need to score and score often.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Going through Collins’ presser:
  • we have some speed and worked hard to get plays in to get our guys into space, and it worked a few times
  • he said Clemson “is one of the best defenses in college football” and “has one of the elite front 7’s in college football”. I don’t think that’s hyperbole, and he was saying it in context of other things, such as what our line was expected to do
  • we apparently had some depth issues in the OL for this game
  • the 3-3-5 wasn’t ready in the first few weeks. They’ve been working on it for a while
  • lots of compliments to our grad assistants and how they helped with adjustments at the half.
  • looked like he was in some discomfort
  • focus is now on UNC next Saturday.
  • Players reconvene on Monday after a break today
I wonder if some of it was also taking the first few opponents lightly/holding something back for Clemson. I actually like that plan, if that is the case. Holding out new wrinkles for some of the bigger games on our schedule to keep them from scheming...

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if some of it was also taking the first few opponents lightly/holding something back for Clemson. I actually like that plan, if that is the case. Holding out new wrinkles for some of the bigger games on our schedule to keep them from scheming...

I’m fine with this approach if we’re beating the teams we should be. The fact that we lost to NI makes the possibility that we were “holding back” against them frustrating.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
This week will tell us about the mental toughness of this team and staff. Coming off a tough loss after intense preparation is never easy for even some of the best teams. As the old saying goes, Don't let the same team beat you two weeks in a row.
UNC will test our Defense like Clemson tested our offense. Hopefully our O is battle hardened because they will need to score and score often.
I'm thinking our defense shows to be stouter than most think. Yes, UNC has a potentially potent offense, but I think we can corral them. I think our offense will also put points on the board. I don't think there's another defense as strong as the one we played last week.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I’m fine with this approach if we’re beating the teams we should be. The fact that we lost to NI makes the possibility that we were “holding back” against them frustrating.
I think we dominated NIU everywhere but the scoreboard. I think if we had executed better on the goal line (players AND coaches), it wouldn't have been close.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm thinking our defense shows to be stouter than most think. Yes, UNC has a potentially potent offense, but I think we can corral them. I think our offense will also put points on the board. I don't think there's another defense as strong as the one we played last week.
UNC killed UVA with the run, so we've got to prioritize stopping them there. Then, I think you've got to try and blow up the pocket and get Howell pressured. Then again, he's shown he can improvise broken plays really well. This will probably be the biggest test our defense will face all year.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
UNC killed UVA with the run, so we've got to prioritize stopping them there. Then, I think you've got to try and blow up the pocket and get Howell pressured. Then again, he's shown he can improvise broken plays really well. This will probably be the biggest test our defense will face all year.
I don't think I can disagree with this. But, I also think after last week our offense will see more opportunities to make plays and see some of the intermediate plays from last week actually turn into big plays this week.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think we should implement the 2010 Tyrod Taylor strategy.