CFP Discussion

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Again, I think you’re being too optimistic. Plus, by seasons end, Cincy probably won’t be ranked that high. For example, the winner of the undefeated match up in Michigan this week will probably jump to #2. These other teams will have chances to get better wins. Cincy doesn’t have that. They barely beat a one win Navy team.

They have a legitimately great team in a year where the SEC East is legitimately awful. It’s not happening. The stars have aligned. Our hope is in Saban.
I don't agree, but I'm okay with that. You could be 100% right, and then I would walk away from college football.

Cincy's not going to get jumped in the Coaches' Poll as long as they win (unless they look like a turd, which they won't). If uga loses, they'll be ranked #1. Now, that's only part of the CFP poll, so I agree they won't be ranked that high in the playoff poll. But, if they're ranked #1 or #2 in the Coaches' Poll there's going to be some serious pressure to not keep them out, probably as much pressure to include them as to exclude them. I doubt anyone jumps them, but it depends on how they play.