CFB Rules Changes

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
We rarely pass?
There would be that. This weekend I plan to watch our offense at work against FSU and MSU and maybe Georgia. No defense. Just forward through that and marvel at how slick Thomas makes the offense work, and can't help thinking that whoever follows him has an impossible chore. Comparisons won't be pretty. Even passing.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It's all encrypted, good luck with that.

Belicheck would also have stolen playbooks and encryption keys. If you aren't cheatin' you aren't tryin'. He has only been caught how many times?

I think these rule changes hurt others more than us so it's fine. I like restricting the offenses some since there have been so many rule changes which restrict the D (targeting, lack of O holding calls, bull rushing the center etc)

stevo0718

Georgia Tech Fan
This blocking rule doesn't effect is. It hurts Auburn, Clemson, Arizona,Oregon, UNC. So this is good for us....

Basically these teams were able to push the envelope and not get flagged for their o-linemen drive blocking on pass option plays. They could disguise what they were doing more knowing they wouldn't get flagged.

It helps everyone but the teams who have this as a part of their scheme.

techdad

Jolly Good Fellow
Glad to see that the NCAA did not go with the 1 yard downfield on passes for O-Lineman. That would put all offenses at a disadvantage but especially us that relies on play action so much.