CBG buyout = $2.4 million

Techster

Helluva Engineer
FWIW, Chuck Oliver claiming an unnamed source inside GT Athletics-states CBG will be let go this coming week.

I think we're at a point where saying CBG is going to be let go is like saying the sun will come up. It's an inevitability at this point.

Now it's just a matter of who will take his place.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Join me people! Ben Howland is our man!
I'd settle for Ben Dover as long as they stop giving it to us sideways.

Seriously, at approx 11pm tonight the ACCT is over. What's going to be the excuse for no announcement tomorrow, it's impolite to fire a guy on the Lord's day of rest? We don't want to distract from the NCAAT seedings? We don't want to draw attention away from GT's baseball team?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I'd settle for Ben Dover as long as they stop giving it to us sideways.

Seriously, at approx 11pm tonight the ACCT is over. What's going to be the excuse for no announcement tomorrow, it's impolite to fire a guy on the Lord's day of rest? We don't want to distract from the NCAAT seedings? We don't want to draw attention away from GT's baseball team?
As an agnostic I don't accept that if its any comfort to you

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
GT fired CPH during the ACC Tourney. I was smack next to the other fans in Greensboro Colisseum, they could care less. Especially a non-Carolina school.
IIRC, Tech had little choice on the timing of firing him when they did. Hewitt's contract had an auto-rollover feature that kicked in if he was still employed at a certain date. Tech had to fire him pretty much immediately to avoid having the rollover kick in.