Calvin Johnson To Oakland?????????

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
As a Charger fan, I don't like it. Also I was hoping Calvin would stay retired like Barry Sanders

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I'd love to see Calvin play some more, though I don't know if Oakland is best place for a "win now" mentality. I think they're still a couple years away from a Superb Owl. If he wants a ring right away, he'd probably be better served playing for the Patriots, Seahawks, Broncos, Steelers, or even the Falcons (this isn't homerism because I'm a Seahawks fan).

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I'd love to see Calvin play some more, though I don't know if Oakland is best place for a "win now" mentality. I think they're still a couple years away from a Superb Owl. If he wants a ring right away, he'd probably be better served playing for the Patriots, Seahawks, Broncos, Steelers, or even the Falcons (this isn't homerism because I'm a Seahawks fan).
I know what you meant, but Superb Owl is just hilarious.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
F' that...if CJ wants to play for a Super Bowl contender, how about his hometown Atlanta Falcons?! We've got one of the best QBs in Ryan, and he'd play opposite arguably the best WR in the game today, Julio. Oh, and we've actually been to a SB recently...ahem...

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
F' that...if CJ wants to play for a Super Bowl contender, how about his hometown Atlanta Falcons?! We've got one of the best QBs in Ryan, and he'd play opposite arguably the best WR in the game today, Julio. Oh, and we've actually been to a SB recently...ahem...
Could you imagine the size and speed of Johnson, Jones, and Sanu lol. Not even fair.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Yeah this is a little silly. So the dude spends his career in Detroit and then decides he'll unretire to go to...Oakland? OK....

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
He trying to get to Vegas with then when they relocate. Imagine what he can be there. The face of a franchise in LV!!!! Genius move if he does.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I know what you're saying. I heard a statistic the other day that MS has a record of 5–42 when playing teams with winning records.
I'm a Lions season ticket holder. To me that franchise is nothing more the Cleveland Browns. Just a few more hours north. The Ford family is a joke

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
Everyone here's sleeping on Oakland like they don't have a stud young QB, fantastic OL and now a future HoF RB. Seems like it would be a good place for Megatron to land if in fact he's not done with football just the Lions. Oh and Mack on the D side is a stud, not sure about the rest of their D though.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Everyone here's sleeping on Oakland like they don't have a stud young QB, fantastic OL and now a future HoF RB. Seems like it would be a good place for Megatron to land if in fact he's not done with football just the Lions. Oh and Mack on the D side is a stud, not sure about the rest of their D though.
Their D is improving, just not there yet. Although they could take that step this year.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
As I LOVE college ball compared to the NFL, I do not follow the "rules" of the NFL.

If a guy like CJ, after retiring, decided to do something like this would the team signing him owe, in this case, the Lions compensation?

EDIT: Sorry, just saw above post.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2897

Yeah this is a little silly. So the dude spends his career in Detroit and then decides he'll unretire to go to...Oakland? OK....

Plenty of other star receivers have gone down that path, like Jerry Rice and Randy Moss.

booga

Georgia Tech Fan
Oakland was 12-4 last year, and would give NE a better game than Houston for a spot in the Super Bowl if Carr doesn't break his leg.