Bye week.... Too early? Opinions on what the team is doing?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
We don’t know the circumstances of the cartwheel. Could have been “If Jordan and the freshman/scout team best the defense for a touchdown- offense doesn’t run, defense runs.”

I’m doing cartwheels all day if I beat someone in a competition and the penalty is to run.

Practice is hard work and there should be a little fun involved when possible. This in a practice I have zero problems with. If he did it in a game different story. Where is the “you talking about practice?!?” meme?

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
So we have an early bye week. To be honest, I'm not a fan of early bye weeks. But, do you think we are game planning just for Temple or do you think we are working on fixing the many, many gaps that we have?

Just curious to see how GT uses this time.

This bye week could not come at a better time given the injuries and the circumstances.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Had to walk up hill in the snow both ways to school I bet and start your car with a hand crank??

Times change. Have you watched ANY football game in the last 5 years? Every tackle in the NFL has a celebration attached to it.

If he is suspended for the next game, won't really matter, he isn't playing this year more than likely. He shouldn't be suspended for showing emotion. Theses kids are KIDS. They are playing a game. WE the FANatics, just like parents, ruin it. I'm willing to bet your coach feed your team salt tablets and didn't have water breaks. And yall had to walk off injuries. Does "pissant" bring back memories?

Yes, I could tell that CGC coached his guys to commit unsportsmanlike penalties against The Citadel. Didn't you see him laughing about it during the press conferences or on the sideline?? c'mon man.

Times have changed. It's a new game. And I'll be on the side of a new coach who has learned under some very good coaches/great coaches than some Uncle Rico pining for the olden days of yore.

Let our coaches coach. None of us were hired to coach a college team, much less a FBS power 5 team, so we need to put faith in them and the kids.

I played D2 and we lost to a NAIA school. Coach wasn't fired. But we continued to do what we were doing and wound up knocking off the #5 team in the nation and missed the national tournament by 11 points. Obviously to this day I remember that loss, but I also remember that it never happened again.

Oh, I seem to remember a certain coach that has a national award named after him that had his players playing volleyball during game weeks. Who was that and how did it work out for him??

"It is a new game..." Here is something that is not new...teams that block and tackle win football games. We have been doing the latter pretty well but not the former.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Going to be a long year for you.

I am OK with it being a long year... its what comes after this year that has me concerned. Next year is not going to be a walk in the park so we better be squared away by then. Hopefully by year three, the improvements in recruiting and player development will have begun to take effect.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
We don’t know the circumstances of the cartwheel. Could have been “If Jordan and the freshman/scout team best the defense for a touchdown- offense doesn’t run, defense runs.”

I’m doing cartwheels all day if I beat someone in a competition and the penalty is to run.

Cartwheels? That is like 70s stuff. Pepper used to do that when he was a young head coach at Kansas. Doesn't bother me a bit.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
If Jordan Yates throws a TD pass against Temple, I'll turn a carthweel too.
10E40F90-830F-4F47-9559-4D2CF6008863.gif