Bye week.... Too early? Opinions on what the team is doing?

Jmonty71

Banned
So we have an early bye week. To be honest, I'm not a fan of early bye weeks. But, do you think we are game planning just for Temple or do you think we are working on fixing the many, many gaps that we have?

Just curious to see how GT uses this time.

White_Gold

GT Athlete

You're in luck. Ken just posted a pretty good practice report. Sounds like they spent at least the first couple of days working on general execution rather than Temple prep so far.

Which is pretty typical for bye weeks by the way. Correction day-> general improvement-> then gameplan days. Not sure of their schedule but I’d imagine that today/tomorrow will be gameplan install.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Hmm...

Four days after a humbling defeat to The Citadel, there appeared to be no heads hanging low at Georgia Tech’s practice field Wednesday, unless you were to count quarterback Jordan Yates when he turned a cartwheel after he threw a touchdown pass.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Hmm...

Four days after a humbling defeat to The Citadel, there appeared to be no heads hanging low at Georgia Tech’s practice field Wednesday, unless you were to count quarterback Jordan Yates when he turned a cartwheel after he threw a touchdown pass.

We are building a team of legends.

Legends in their own mind

Which explains the behavior last Saturday. Some of this is a tad ridiculous. Its fine up until it affects team performance and discipline.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
I had to reread the post bc at first I thought it was an unintentional cartwheel. On second look, I think it was intentional. When I played football if we did a cartwheel in practice we would have been benched for the next game. We won 2 GA state championships and were picked those 2 years by USA Today as the number 1 team in the country. How times changed this much or is Collins Running a circus?! Cartwheels, money down, the juice crew, multiple unsportsmanlike penalties against FCS teams...what’s next :(

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I had to reread the post bc at first I thought it was an unintentional cartwheel. On second look, I think it was intentional. When I played football if we did a cartwheel in practice we would have been benched for the next game. We won 2 GA state championships and were picked those 2 years by USA Today as the number 1 team in the country. How times changed this much or is Collins Running a circus?! Cartwheels, money down, the juice crew, multiple unsportsmanlike penalties against FCS teams...what’s next :(

Had to walk up hill in the snow both ways to school I bet and start your car with a hand crank??

Times change. Have you watched ANY football game in the last 5 years? Every tackle in the NFL has a celebration attached to it.

If he is suspended for the next game, won't really matter, he isn't playing this year more than likely. He shouldn't be suspended for showing emotion. Theses kids are KIDS. They are playing a game. WE the FANatics, just like parents, ruin it. I'm willing to bet your coach feed your team salt tablets and didn't have water breaks. And yall had to walk off injuries. Does "pissant" bring back memories?

Yes, I could tell that CGC coached his guys to commit unsportsmanlike penalties against The Citadel. Didn't you see him laughing about it during the press conferences or on the sideline?? c'mon man.

Times have changed. It's a new game. And I'll be on the side of a new coach who has learned under some very good coaches/great coaches than some Uncle Rico pining for the olden days of yore.

Let our coaches coach. None of us were hired to coach a college team, much less a FBS power 5 team, so we need to put faith in them and the kids.

I played D2 and we lost to a NAIA school. Coach wasn't fired. But we continued to do what we were doing and wound up knocking off the #5 team in the nation and missed the national tournament by 11 points. Obviously to this day I remember that loss, but I also remember that it never happened again.

Oh, I seem to remember a certain coach that has a national award named after him that had his players playing volleyball during game weeks. Who was that and how did it work out for him??

Last edited:

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Had to walk up hill in the snow both ways to school I bet and start your car with a hand crank??

Times change. Have you watched ANY football game in the last 5 years? Every tackle in the NFL has a celebration attached to it.

If he is suspended for the next game, won't really matter, he isn't playing this year more than likely. He shouldn't be suspended for showing emotion. Theses kids are KIDS. They are playing a game. WE the FANatics, just like parents, ruin it. I'm willing to bet your coach feed your team salt tablets and didn't have water breaks. And yall had to walk off injuries. Does "pissant" bring back memories?

Yes, I could tell that CGC coached his guys to commit unsportsmanlike penalties against The Citadel. Didn't you see him laughing about it during the press conferences or on the sideline?? c'mon man.

Times have changed. It's a new game. And I'll be on the side of a new coach who has learned under some very good coaches/great coaches than some Uncle Rico pining for the olden days of yore.

Let our coaches coach. None of us were hired to coach a college team, much less a FBS power 5 team, so we need to put faith in them and the kids.

I played D2 and we lost to a NAIA school. Coach wasn't fired. But we continued to do what we were doing and wound up knocking off the #5 team in the nation and missed the national tournament by 11 points. Obviously to this day I remember that loss, but I also remember that it never happened again.

Oh, I seem to remember a certain coach that has a national award named after him that had his players playing volleyball during game weeks. Who was that and how did it work out for him??
Dude, chill out. Way out of proportion to my comments. Glad to hear you have different opinions and we will see in a couple of years. I think so far some of the stuff so far is unimpressive, including the on the field coaching. Guess Saban was so successful bc he followed your model.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
I think we're getting too cute with all the "new era" bull**** now. We just lost to the citadel, Collins does not have a great track record win loss wise as a head coach, and now it seems that we're at a crossroads offensively (at least until we get the guys we want through recruiting). Idk what to think right now. I am getting a little tired of all the smoke and mirrors regarding "this is what we're going to be down the road."

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
I think we're getting too cute with all the "new era" bull**** now. We just lost to the citadel, Collins does not have a great track record win loss wise as a head coach, and now it seems that we're at a crossroads offensively (at least until we get the guys we want through recruiting). Idk what to think right now. I am getting a little tired of all the smoke and mirrors regarding "this is what we're going to be down the road."
Going to be a long year for you.

gtg391z

Jolly Good Fellow
I know, This team wouldn't even be able to run the option. The Oline is a mess. Why is that so hard to grasp? You can't just call different plays when half your oline doesn't know where to go or who to block.