Buttkicker

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I remember Johnson saying in his freshman year, when he was just a tall, gangly guy all elbows and kneecaps, that "You will see him at the next level."

As an aside and more as an expression of my pleasant surprise than anything else, I saw today that Darren Waller is still in the NFL, starting tight end for for Oakland, I think? Who would have thought based on his trials and travails at Tech?

GTMom

Ramblin' Wreck
It is obvious from his teammates reactions and they they celebrate him, that he is very well liked. Must be a great feeling for him. He seems to stay very humble though

Deleted member 2897

I remember Johnson saying in his freshman year, when he was just a tall, gangly guy all elbows and kneecaps, that "You will see him at the next level."

As an aside and more as an expression of my pleasant surprise than anything else, I saw today that Darren Waller is still in the NFL, starting tight end for for Oakland, I think? Who would have thought based on his trials and travails at Tech?

Waller has an outside shot at making the pro bowl this year. He’s averaging 6 catches a game (huge for a TE), has 550 yards and 3 TDS. So he’s on pace for 100 catches and over 1,000 yards.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
the Chiefs social media team made it
Ah, that explains it. As long as he doesn't start to buy into it, because the NFL is a very brief career for most all, and particularly for kickers. I knew a high school coach once, a good one, who scorned what he called "commie kickers." Behold one day he had one. He figured it was either that or lose and get fired.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Sounds like your call name fits you [emoji57]
Nah, not really. But the test of likeability comes when he misses the kick that loses the game. And he will, because, well, they all do at some point. Maybe kicking is what Kipling had in mind. I think I'd fold like a saltine in a rain storm.

GTMom

Ramblin' Wreck
Nah, not really. But the test of likeability comes when he misses the kick that loses the game. And he will, because, well, they all do at some point. Maybe kicking is what Kipling had in mind. I think I'd fold like a saltine in a rain storm.

Yes this would be the true test. “If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster And treat those two impostors just the same.” This is also a true test of a Tech fan. But remember @Skeptic, “A woman's guess is much more accurate than a man's certainty”[emoji6]

GTMom

Ramblin' Wreck
I saw a sign once that read "If a man speaks out loud in the forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?". I saw it years ago and still don't know the correct answer!:joyful:;):happy:

Lol yes, I’ve heard that one. I can guess what the answer is [emoji12]

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Yes this would be the true test. “If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster And treat those two impostors just the same.” This is also a true test of a Tech fan. But remember @Skeptic, “A woman's guess is much more accurate than a man's certainty”[emoji6]
That's one for you.