Buster

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I would be surprised if he takes it. But if he does...just give the job to winkie.
I just finished my first 12 pack of beer for today, I'm not taking any chances so I made a call to Middle Tenn and working out an agreement. I think we offer them Thacker and another defensive coach to be named later. Plus and this is the big one. we will give them Collins phone number (hell he is still looking) and throw in a case of beer.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
This is going to become a common occurrence. If we consistently have a top offense, top defense, or just any coach that shoes potential there are gonna be schools with coaching vacancies that come calling. If the team is gonna evolve into be a contender the fanbase is going to have to evolve as well. No doom gloom as usual because if our offense performs better next year P5 schools inquiring about our coaches will be the least of our worries.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
This is going to become a common occurrence. If we consistently have a top offense, top defense, or just any coach that shoes potential there are gonna be schools with coaching vacancies that come calling. If the team is gonna evolve into be a contender the fanbase is going to have to evolve as well. No doom gloom as usual because if our offense performs better next year P5 schools inquiring about our coaches will be the least of our worries.
So no one is calling our defensive coaches?

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I just finished my first 12 pack of beer for today, I'm not taking any chances so I made a call to Middle Tenn and working out an agreement. I think we offer them Thacker and another defensive coach to be named later. Plus and this is the big one. we will give them Collins phone number (hell he is still looking) and throw in a case of beer.
Hmm...Collins to MTS. He could put the band back together with Dave Patenaude and other friends. Heck, maybe they could use an AD and get Todd Stansbury. Temple football moves to Tennessee. I like it.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Hmm...Collins to MTS. He could put the band back together with Dave Patenaude and other friends. Heck, maybe they could use an AD and get Todd Stansbury. Temple football moves to Tennessee. I like it.

Anywhere he possibly goes the fanbase should be prepared to all be blocked at some point.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
CBF has never been an OC at a P5 program before GA Tech. The highest he's ever been was OC at So Miss, Arky St, and MTSU. To be a HC at a P5 program, he'll need a few years of success as an OC at a P5 program or a successful HC at a lower tier program. If those were my two choices, I'd choose the former. Chances of flaming out at a G5 or lower program are pretty high and that would ruin his resume for a P5 HC position.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
As a Head Coach, he would take it. ( I can't see us matching the pay he would get )

The coached they just fired was paid $830K/year. I would assume Buster would make that much or a little more (say $900K-$1million). He's currently listed at $750K/year salary for GT.

If GT can't afford another $150-$250K for our rising star OC, then GT shouldn't be in the Big Boy Football business. From what I've heard, Key is getting some more $$$ to play with.

I think the bigger question for Faulkner is whether he wants to take on the MTSU job as a HC, or stay at GT knowing he'll have one of the best QBs and offenses to work with next year. That would increase his profile even more, and lead to bigger jobs than MTSU.

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck
Thacker hopefully is about to be available also

Techster

Helluva Engineer
One thing to keep in mind about Buster and our offensive staff. There are two guys on the offensive staff that may have the ability to step up to the OC if/when OCBF leaves.

1. Chris Weinke. He's a Co-OC as well as our QB coach. He called plays last year (according to rumors) to close out the season. I'm sure Weinke is very familiar with our playbook, and was involved in the building it.

2. Josh Crawford. WR coach, former Co-OC at Western Kentucky. Josh Crawford has background in the air raid, and but Western Kentucky's air raid version wasn't as run focused as our offense.

I think Buster is with us for one more season at minimum, but two internal candidates to keep in mind.