Buster

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
And the guy signing those checks is the one who pissed off the fanbase by saying even then, with that more-competitive spending, "Georgia Tech can win nine or 10 games, but they will never do it consistently.” The collapse of the AA in the 2010s was really something spectacular to lead to some of the recent budget hires. Goes a long way to explaining why Cabrera had to clean house.
Higher donations and far higher attendance. I was a student during those years and Bobby Dodd was packed.
It appears that even Gailey would have had one of the highest-paid staffs in football (Tenuta @ $400k). Then we hired CPJ and told him we didn't have the money to hire better assistants. This was before we were paying Hewitt not to coach. What happened to our spend philosophy? I mean, D-Rad didn't seem to have an issue with building new facilities. Our donations must have really tanked. There is the matter of the debt too I suppose.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
It appears that even Gailey would have had one of the highest-paid staffs in football (Tenuta @ $400k). Then we hired CPJ and told him we didn't have the money to hire better assistants. This was before we were paying Hewitt not to coach. What happened to our spend philosophy? I mean, D-Rad didn't seem to have an issue with building new facilities. Our donations must have really tanked. There is the matter of the debt too I suppose.
If CPJ had been supported like Batt and Cabrera are doing now, we’d have another championship banner hanging.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Tennessee's DC has been interviewed by MTSU a couple times now for the open position, I think we will be safe here.

slugboy

Staff member
I’m so glad we have a talented offensive coaching staff. I’m really happy that Geep Wade is turning out well.

I have whiplash from the results this season and our opinions of the coaching staff. At the beginning of the season, we couldn’t run; we ended the season with the most rushing yards in the ACC. In the game chat, you would think we always called the wrong play. Yes, there were people who thought Faulkner was in over his head.

Hopefully, we get defensive coaching as innovative as what we’ve had on offense. It’s possible that we have it now—some times it takes a while for things to take root.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I’m so glad we have a talented offensive coaching staff. I’m really happy that Geep Wade is turning out well.

I have whiplash from the results this season and our opinions of the coaching staff. At the beginning of the season, we couldn’t run; we ended the season with the most rushing yards in the ACC. In the game chat, you would think we always called the wrong play. Yes, there were people who thought Faulkner was in over his head.

Hopefully, we get defensive coaching as innovative as what we’ve had on offense. It’s possible that we have it now—some times it takes a while for things to take root.
I remember (which at my age ain’t easy) I didn’t know what to think of our new OC but after the last two I said to my self ( your almost out beer go get more) than I thought if Key liked him than I’ll give him a chance. As far as CGW my thought was ( I hope I bought enough beer) but with Key being an old OL he know what to look for in an OL coach. ( plus he had hair which we need a few coaches with hair)
As far as chat I’m one that if something goes wrong I want to fire everyone. I can remember 2 1/2 years ago I wanted Key gone. I am. So happy that didn’t happen.
I have no idea what Key will do about the defensive coaches but I’ll trust him to do the right thing.

slugboy

Staff member

As far as chat I’m one that if something goes wrong I want to fire everyone. I can remember 2 1/2 years ago I wanted Key gone. I am. So happy that didn’t happen.

This is the first rule of chat.
The second rule of chat is that, if a call didn’t work, it was a bad call.
The third (real) rule of chat is that it’s like a crazy Star Trek episode where characters are in 5 different time streams. Everyone is commenting on different plays. It’s like reading a Faulkner novel, but with extra opium.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
This is the first rule of chat.
The second rule of chat is that, if a call didn’t work, it was a bad call.
The third (real) rule of chat is that it’s like a crazy Star Trek episode where characters are in 5 different time streams. Everyone is commenting on different plays. It’s like reading a Faulkner novel, but with extra opium.
What, is this your first night at GTSwarm chat? The first rule of GTSwarm chat is: you do not talk about GTSwarm chat.
1701659320784.gif

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
I just finished my first 12 pack of beer for today, I'm not taking any chances so I made a call to Middle Tenn and working out an agreement. I think we offer them Thacker and another defensive coach to be named later. Plus and this is the big one. we will give them Collins phone number (hell he is still looking) and throw in a case of beer.
If I were them I’d say, “Keep Collins’ phone number, make it two cases of beer, and you’ve got a deal.”

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Speaking of the job that Buster and staff did with the O, here's the FBS defensive rank of our opponents and our score against them.

Opponent: D Rnk/ GT Score - Outcome
Clemson: 7/ 21 - L
Georgia: 10/ 23 - L
Louisville: 16/ 34 - L
Miami: 26/ 23 - W
Bowling Freaking Green: 29
/ 27 - L
Ole Miss: 57/ 23 - L
Syracuse: 65/ 31 - W
Wake Forest: 75/ 30 - W
Boston College: 82/ 23 - L
North Carolina: 95/ 46 - W