Brutal schedule / expectations

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I don't know what it is going to take for Tech to start scheduling like Duke does. The usual thing you try to do in any sport when you are making changes and trying to get a team back up to snuff afterwards is to schedule easy for a year or three, then introduce more challenges once you have your feet under you. Instead, we get …

I know how he feels. Some of this is (supposedly) baked in. But we need to do something about it. NOW.

We at least care if people come to games. This isn’t basketball.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
We go from almost last in returning production to the very top. To be expected since we had so few seniors. A lot of that returning production is still going to be just sophomores, though.

White_Gold

GT Athlete
Would love to talk to them :) But The Clemson team was very good when we beat them but not great, not sure what happen to them I know the had 4 losses and they all came after our game.

They were a good team. Point is, the unthinkable and unbelievable can be done. More than likely, our offense is going to look different. They're going to have ZERO tendencies to go off of. They're not going to have any tells from the OL- pretty much have all new guys there/guys returning from injury.

Plus we have voodoo magic against them at home.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
They were a good team. Point is, the unthinkable and unbelievable can be done. More than likely, our offense is going to look different. They're going to have ZERO tendencies to go off of. They're not going to have any tells from the OL- pretty much have all new guys there/guys returning from injury.

Plus we have voodoo magic against them at home.
Kind of like UVa ( I hate when we play there)

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
"exponentially..." Not sure I'd go that far, but we better because we no longer have the coaching/scheme advantage.

We'd lost any advantage the previous coach/scheme had offered years ago and were no longer competitive with almost half our schedule. Unfortunately, it was never an advantage to recruiting so it's nice to be pulling ourselves out of that hole with Coach Collins.

LibertyTurns

Banned
We'd lost any advantage the previous coach/scheme had offered years ago and were no longer competitive with almost half our schedule. Unfortunately, it was never an advantage to recruiting so it's nice to be pulling ourselves out of that hole with Coach Collins.
That’s the hope. Actually the hope is better than average talent coupled with better than average coaching to achieve better than average results! Future can’t get here fast enough to find out.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
That’s the hope. Actually the hope is better than average talent coupled with better than average coaching to achieve better than average results! Future can’t get here fast enough to find out.

I’m curious. What are “better than average result”? CPJ’s win rate was 0.57, so ... 7-8 wins? And we think the greatest transformation in the history of the planet will yield ... 7-9?

I like what we’re doing. But realistic too.

White_Gold

GT Athlete
I’m curious. What are “better than average result”? CPJ’s win rate was 0.57, so ... 7-8 wins? And we think the greatest transformation in the history of the planet will yield ... 7-9?

I like what we’re doing. But realistic too.

Minor correction-
CPJ's win rate was 0.580

For perspective...CCG's win rate was 0.579.