Brutal schedule / expectations

Jmonty71

Banned
The schedule is out. I am not a fan of getting Clemson to start a 2nd year. But, whatever. Now that we can see dates and such, what is the overall expectations?

I expect to see better and closer games. I am going with a 5-7 record. I think we lose a game that we should easily win and we win a game, that we're picked to lose. I expect to struggle with the passing game and I think we will struggle to stop the run, at times. However; I expect to score more points and I expect our pass defense to be better.

Looking for everyone's overall thoughts. Wins? Expectations? Thoughts?

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I expect that we will be better on offense, defense, and special teams, but it may not translate into a big difference in wins and losses. I expect our defense to be the strength of the team. I expect that we will have fewer blowout losses than last year. I think we will win 4-5 games. I think our offense will be more consistent due to us not relying on the “random Tobias Oliver scramble craziness” play like we did at the start of last year. I expect us to struggle scoring against teams with decent defense. I expect there will be a couple games where our offense leaves our defense out to dry, and the defense gets worn out.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
The schedule is out. I am not a fan of getting Clemson to start a 2nd year. But, whatever. Now that we can see dates and such, what is the overall expectations?

I expect to see better and closer games. I am going with a 5-7 record. I think we lose a game that we should easily win and we win a game, that we're picked to lose. I expect to struggle with the passing game and I think we will struggle to stop the run, at times. However; I expect to score more points and I expect our pass defense to be better.

I'll go with somewhere between 5-7 and 7-5. If we can get Cochran, then I'm thinking more like 7-5 because our o-line will be legit.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
I'm betting Vegas will have O/U around 4.5. And that would seem right to me. This team still has a long way to go from a talent perspective to be competitive with the schedule we play.

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck

I would expect 6-6

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
My expectations are being competitive for 4 quarters in every Coastal game plus Cuse. I think 4-8 or 5-7 are the most likely scenarios. Winning 6+ would be a really good season, winning less than 4 would be a little bit of a disappointment.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I'm betting Vegas will have O/U around 4.5. And that would seem right to me. This team still has a long way to go from a talent perspective to be competitive with the schedule we play.
I’m thinking the same with the O/U
I’m going 6-6 this year
September determines the season IMO
Clemson is an L. GW is a W. I’d we can steal a game at NC or at VT and beat UCF, 3-2 going into a winnable home game vs UVA gets us rolling. 1-4 is a major disaster

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
I'll have to see the spring game 1st.
If White (wearing blue) beats Gold then we should have a good year with 7 - 9 wins
if Gold beats white (wearing blue) then 5-6 wins.

Really saying this because I have no clue after last year, I have to wait and see how they look after 1st couple of games.
Even during the CPJ era every time I thought we would be great it would be bad, when I didn't think team was going to be that great they would be awesome.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I'll have to see the spring game 1st.
If White (wearing blue) beats Gold then we should have a good year with 7 - 9 wins
if Gold beats white (wearing blue) then 5-6 wins.

Really saying this because I have no clue after last year, I have to wait and see how they look after 1st couple of games.
Even during the CPJ era every time I thought we would be great it would be bad, when I didn't think team was going to be that great they would be awesome.

I’m waiting for spring hemlines. If the ladies are wearing shorter skirts, we win. Longer, we lose.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Can not predict injuries, but we will be better regardless of record.

We are recruiting exponentially better than we have in 10 years, therefore more younger players will see action this and next year.

That takes its own toll.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Can not predict injuries, but we will be better regardless of record.

We are recruiting exponentially better than we have in 10 years, therefore more younger players will see action this and next year.

That takes its own toll.
"exponentially..." Not sure I'd go that far, but we better because we no longer have the coaching/scheme advantage.